We’re looking for a copywriter to shape our voice in Japan and infuse it into our products and marketing communications.
As a Copywriter, you’ll create meaningful, emotionally rich relationships with our consumers, Merchants, and Dashers through culturally relevant writing. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing, global consumer brand in Japan.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Be one of our founding team members in the country, and will thus directly help shape the business in Japan
- Help shape our voice
- Create and publish our voice guidelines
- Create everything from punchy headlines to long-form copy
- Write for multiple audiences and mediums (e.g. web, ads, social)
- Drive impact by creating local relevant contents
- Inspire writing-craft throughout the entire company
- Influence and build trust around your unique point-of-view
- Roll-up sleeves and contribute wherever needed
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You can explain complicated products and processes in simple, human ways to both businesses and consumers
- You can juggle several projects at once, collaborating with all team members
- You have an interest in working with data to make smart, hardworking creative
- You have creative flexibility—you can flex your writing and adjust your language and tone based on your audience
- You have the ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- You understand the Japanese market and audience – you know how to bring to life DoorDash’s mission in a culturally relevant way
- 3+ years of professional experience involving the Japanese audience
- Experience writing product and marketing copy
- Numerous strong copy examples in the market
- Strong detail-orientation and process-driven thinking
- Native level Japanese, fluent English
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.