You want to be a major contributor of an ambitious project’s design and architecture? You’re not afraid to try new things and push boundaries? You take great delight in taking on challenges? You’re seeking for a thrilling and blooming tech-first business and a caring and collaborating environment? Read on!
We are developing a next-generation interoperable blockchain ecosystem based on zero-knowledge proofs that provides tamper resistance and data privacy.
The Topos ecosystem is under active development, and as part of your role, you will be tasked with designing core features, improving the performance and reliability of the ecosystem.
This role is ideal for engineers with expertise in blockchain, distributed systems, and security in protocol design. You can bring in your knowledge and your experience and grow further with the team.
We are looking for a talented, hardworking, forward-thinking and ambitious senior (5+ years) profile to help us grow our solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Be a technical leader on various projects across the platform.
- Research potential use cases in the blockchain field, lead the needs, development and implementation of such use cases as part of a coherent product roadmap.
- Design communication protocols bridging multiple p2p networks.
- Major contributions on the strategic directions with the engineering team.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities.
In a nutshell, half of us are academics in mathematics and cryptography, and the other half software engineers. We are dispatched all over the world, with our first office in Tokyo and our brand new HQ located in Boston, MA, United States.
We strive for a transparent and thoughtful collaboration between autonomous, efficient and caring people.
What we need to see
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Significant work experience in Distributed Systems and/or Networking (notably p2p).
- Major interest and expertise in Distributed Systems design, development, optimization and operation, especially in byzantine context.
- Solid awareness of the key challenges rising from distributed data storage (e.g. availability, consistency, scalability).
- Strong hands-on experience in securing p2p distributed systems (e.g. against typical attacks such as Sybil attacks, Eclipse attacks, etc.).
- Deep understanding of key metrics in distributed networks (e.g. latency, throughput).
- Strong general networking knowledge (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing, QoS).
- Strong programming background in one or more of the following languages: Rust, C++11, Go.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Blockchain enthusiasm and familiarity with use cases and applications based on it.
- Interest in the cryptography commonly used in blockchain.
- Familiarity with Web Assembly (wasm).
- Experience in designing p2p system.
- Experience working on open-source projects.
- Experience collaborating in a distributed team.
Toposware is developing a next-generation interoperable blockchain ecosystem based on zero-knowledge proofs that provides tamper resistance and data privacy.