Sequin is looking for a Founding Full-Stack Engineer to report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and build / lead Sequin’s technology vision. The founding engineer will be tasked with architecting, building, and testing the first banking platform of its kind. Main requirements include:
- Familiarity with Ruby, Rails, Postgres, React, Redux (highly preferred)
- 3+ Years of experience as a full-stack engineer
- 1+ Year of startup experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Passion for addressing gender inequity in credit
- Design and develop our core product which will guide women towards favorable credit outcomes and create accessible lending products across life’s needs – includes credit tools such as a mobile app and web dashboard, plus their corresponding back-end integrations with our financial partners.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards (financial and otherwise).
- Lay the initial infrastructure service architecture to give Sequin a technical advantage as it scales.
- Partner with the CEO on setting the priorities for the business.
- Have autonomy in building out our tech stack and engineering hiring plan.
- You like to work in fast-paced environments and wear a lot of hats.
- You have a strong product sense and can build engaging tech for customers.
- You have a passion for problem-solving and navigating ambiguous problem spaces.
- You have an experimental approach and like data-driven decision making.
- You are a proactive team player who desires to positively impact our team, our product, and our customers.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share/collaborate with peers.
Sequin is a VC-backed early stage (Visa partner, IDEO & Schwab backed – 92% female) fintech startup on a mission to level the credit playing field by guiding women towards favorable credit outcomes and creating accessible lending products across life’s needs.
Women on average experience lower credit limits, more rejections, and higher interest rates – exacerbated by a lack of financial guidance and information. Our autonomous financial platform will take the guesswork out of building credit, managing credit, and accessing new lines of credit.
By capturing even a small percentage of this $94B untapped market, we will bring tremendous value to our customers and build a multi-billion dollar business that works on behalf of women.
Why work with Sequin
- Entrepreneurial work environment alongside industry experts and investors from Visa, IDEO, Brex, Facebook, Instagram, Y Combinator, and Andreeson Horowitz
- Opportunity to use your skills and talents to empower women everywhere
- Salary between $80K-$120K range
- Generous equity
- You’ll significantly influence the product roadmap as we scale
- You’ll set best practices and the engineering team culture**
If interested, send your CV to email@example.com with a few lines on why you’re excited about joining the team.