You will join our Tokyo or Kansai office, and will be part of our Business Graphics Design team.
Our team provides support in improving visual communications for McKinsey consultants in Japan. You will work on different requests every day, collaborating with consultants and peer designers to deliver compelling presentations and other storytelling solutions (video, print media, infographics etc.). Our team is part of the broader design community in McKinsey and interacts regularly with regional and global groups to exchange knowledge and best practices.
You will help McKinsey consultants tell their stories to clients by turning their conceptual drafts into engaging presentation content and other media.
In this role, you will help provide effective visual communication solutions for a wide variety of needs to Japanese consulting teams. Your work will combine adherence to tight deadlines with creativity and commitment to quality. You will create materials in compliance with detailed brand guidelines and style requirements, ensuring high quality and positive audience experience. Examples of the requests you will work on are single slide production in PowerPoint to open a meeting discussion, powerful data visualization infographics, end-to-end customized presentation designs, comprehensive research report, consistent presentation formatting along predefined brand guidelines, and client testimonial video editing.
You will work with our consultants to develop ideas for transforming initial drafts and data input into visually engaging and interactive experiences for our clients. You will advise on the optimal graphic approach during briefing discussion, draft proposals and develop final media products.
You will have opportunities to act at the customer interface, representing the team by managing various stages in the request coordination such as, reviewing incoming queries, advising consultants and negotiating timelines according to available team capacity. In team problem-solving, you will bring you own ideas to co-create best practices and continuously improve our work. Within diverse initiatives, you will have opportunities to shape our future service delivery and office environment as well as help drive team development and training.
- Degree in design-related field such as fine arts, graphic design, corporate design, service design, visual communication, media design
- 1+ year of work experience in graphic designing preferred
- Experience in using PowerPoint and design software such as Adobe CC/CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro), CorelDRAW, Sketch, Sketchup
- Professional knowledge of design theory and practice; proven ability to conceptualize ideas into designs and visualization of data
- Commitment to quality and compliance with brand guidelines – details-oriented but able to see the big picture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize, plan work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively with others
- Native level Japanese and high conversational fluency in English
About McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.
We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the ongoing work.