STYLER is looking for a Lead UI Designer who can create and develop a design culture to join their Product Dept. at their headquarters in Shibuya. STYLER just relaunched FACY, an e-commerce app aiming to change consumer’s shopping experiences. You will be responsible for compiling the direction of the launch next year and incorporating it into the design. In other words, you will be responsible for all of FACY’s app UI design.
You’ll work with 11 engineers (Android, iOS and backend) and two other designers.
- If you are interested in leading a team and creating a design culture, apply!
- To apply, candidates should send their application here.
- Product (iOS/Android/mobile web/desktop web) UI design
- Discuss requirements with the CEO, business owners and engineering team
- Project promotion (project management, resource management, scope coordination, etc.)
- Creative production support and direction for the company’s web media
- Create and manage brand guidelines and app guidelines
- Experience in UI design and design of smartphone applications and web applications
- Working experience with graphic tools, Adobe, etc.
- Working experience with design collaboration tools
- Development experience using prototyping tools
- UX experience in user testing, designing persona, creating wireframes, etc.
- Basic knowledge of mobile UI design (Apple HID and Google Material design)
- Basic knowledge of web design (Responsive design, CSS)
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, and In-Design) AND other Design Software (Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Protopie, etc)
- Japanese and business intermediate level English and Japanese
- Communication skills to listen to and summarize the opinions of others
- People who like to take on new challenges and enjoy change.
- You have a passion for providing great services to the world.
- You love and live design, creating and delivering beautiful digital interfaces.
- You are always interested in the latest apps and mobile trends. (e.g., Meituan, Samsung Points of Review, Grab, Rappi, Delivery Nation, Taobao, Shoppee)
STYLER has a total of 30 people from 9 different countries speaking both English and Japanese within the organization. Since it’s an international team, they communicate mainly in English. They have adopted agile as their development methodology. This means they release early, often, and iterate to improve.
- If this sounds like it is for you and you’re interested in working in a culture like theirs, they would love to hear from you.