Industry Dive is hiring a News Graphics Developer with front-end development skills and a passion for data-driven reporting. You will work closely with our 80+ journalists to design and code engaging experiences for our 11 million readers.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing business journalism publishers. As a member of our Data and Graphics team, you will get to work across many of our 22 publications.
The best candidates will be sharp self-starters with a passion for journalism or media. A track record of excellent work, as evidenced by a strong portfolio, is a must.
This position reports to the Director of Data and Graphics.
- Work closely with journalists across the Dive newsroom to design, code, and publish in-article graphics, trend trackers, and multimedia-heavy stories
- Help editorial leadership identify key trends by tracking the performance of your news graphics using Google Analytics and internal tools
- Work with our Audience Growth team to promote your stories
- Work with Dive Product leaders to identify top-performing story formats and graphic types we can integrate into our CMS as self-serve templates for journalists
- Work with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to manage the integration of reusable editorial graphics components into Snorkel, our design system
- Strong portfolio of visual stories and/or data visualizations designed and coded for web
- Strong web development skills – HTML, CSS, JS, and basic knowledge of Git (required)
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals – typography, layout, color, etc.
- Solid understanding of UX best-practices
- Significant attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for journalism and digital storytelling
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 23 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth, and shape agendas in every industry we cover.