VMware’s EUC Design Team is looking for a talented Product Design Intern to join our team and help us create the next generation of products for our organization. You must be passionate, even obsessive about creating great experiences for your users. Our organization fully supports the creative process and embraces design-driven product creation.
While VMware is a big company, our division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, iterative, exciting and fun. Our next gen products are bleeding edge and will push you to your creative limits. Forbes Magazine rated VMware as the 3rd most innovative company in the world and the products you would be working on every day, support that!
Working very closely with product management to define product requirements and innovate new and meaningful ways to accomplish them with engineering team.
Working with a senior designer and interact with various internal and external stakeholders, customers, marketing, and multidisciplinary development teams to bring your vision to production.
Helping define and identify requirements, create wireframes and user task flows to communicate your vision, prototype interactions, and resolve design trade-offs and implementation issues.
Working with your design team to learn about your end users through research and use those insights to make your product better which might include:
- Executing interaction design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborating on user experience planning with product owners and engineering architects
- Consulting with end users and business stakeholders in shaping the vision for the product
- Researching and careful adoption of interaction design trends
- Define the Mobile UX standards and evangelize to the rest of the organization to build a consistent experience for all VMware mobile applications
- Participate in critical design review sessions with cross functional UX designers.
- Pursuing BS/BA or higher degree in Human Factors or HCI, Cognitive
- Psychology, Product Design, or equivalent work experience
- Must love the challenge of quickly distilling complex problems into elegant, intuitive solutions
- Demonstrable ability to create clear detailed design and interaction specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Visual design skills are a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch, Figma or equivalent design tools
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking.