The Product Designer, Japan, will be a talented UX designer to help us create and improve the overall experience for our users. We believe that good design and user experience (UX) is at the forefront of everything we do. The role of a Product Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels natural and familiar. you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for different people across our markets.
You’ll be working with backend, frontend, and infrastructure engineers together with product managers and other stakeholders to turn user needs into delightful designs. You’ll be supported by user researchers and other designers in addressing and solving complex problems. You will have the freedom to innovate in a lean structure in order to drive and execute design work, from concepts to detailed designs for build (UX and UI).
- Execute across all phases of design work: define conceptual foundations, execute UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, participate or conduct usability testing, create production-ready designs and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation
- Collaborate with peers in other design teams and contribute to the global design community
- Inspire, push creativity and identify industry best practices for user experience within your team
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
- At least 2 years of experience in user experience design
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset, and a knack for designing web apps
- In-depth understanding of visual and system design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, sitemaps
- Familiarity with user research including moderated and unmoderated usability testing
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact
- Experience working with Sketch and other prototyping and design tools such as InVision, Illustrator, and Photoshop required
- Business level in both English and Japanese languages
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favorite way to order food online to your home or office. With thousands of restaurants ready to receive orders via our website and mobile app, no one should have to suffer from the lack of variety or long queues to enjoy great food.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries.