As a Headway Product Designer, you’ll be working within a small multidisciplinary team of designers and developers on applications and web projects, although sometimes you’ll be guiding your own ship on a smaller adventure.
You’ll be working closely with our team and clients to challenge assumptions, create small experiments, in-depth prototypes, detailed specifications, and style guides.
With a high priority on business and user needs, you’ll help make decisions that stand up for users to solve their problems and create true value in their lives.
As a Designer at Headway, you are responsible for executing within the Headway design process with a focus on client and user needs including:
- Practicing “craft within context” and providing designers and apprentices advice and guidance
- Driving all design from the outside-in with user story mapping and MoSCoW prioritization
- Assisting with design critiques and QA
- Participating in pairing sessions to help crewmates learn and grow
- Performing QA of both internal design quality and end-user UI/UX
- Conducting user interviews, creating small experiments, in-depth prototypes, detailed specifications, design systems, and validation
- You have 3+ years of experience
- You have experience shipping applications for Web, iOS, and Android
- You have experience working with businesses at different levels of maturity
- You have professional knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles, and techniques
- You have the ability to present your work and stand firm for the right reasons
- You have experience working within Agile/SCRUM processes
- You have the ability to think big whilst being detail-oriented and delivery focused
- You enjoy working within multidisciplinary teams with UX designers, visual designers, and developers
- You enjoy communicating and working with developers to solve technical challenges
- You enjoy visualizing and prototyping concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and test ideas
- You are passionate with a hunger to design and make things people use every day
- You are organized and self-motivated
- You are an excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- You are outgoing, personable, sociable, and easy-going
- You are open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- You are always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- You are able to deal with pressure and can work in a fast-paced environment
- ++ You have experience with interactive prototyping tools like Framer, Invision Studio, Principle
- ++ You have experience designing branding and identity
- ++ You have experience running or participating in design sprints
Founded in 2015, Headway was born out of a passion to bring entrepreneurial ideas to market and keep them there. We work holistically with our client partners as a true extension of their product team, not just as an execution arm of their business. If we see something broken, whether that’s a workflow, a marketing or messaging strategy, or a needless feature, we speak up, and our clients trust us to help them fix it.