We are looking to hire experienced and passionate designer who will be the founding designer of Unscene. You will work primarily on product design, but may also help with marketing and visual design whenever required. At Unscene, we work hard to make creating and sharing 3D contents simple for anyone. The core mission of a designer at Unscene is to design a product that is inherently easy to use and learn, but at the same time gives users a wide variety of capabilities to express what they have in their mind. If you find this challenge exciting, welcome to Unscene.
- Be the first full time designer at Unscene.
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Identify product needs and opportunities through dogfooding, experimentations, as well as talking to users.
- Leverage prototyping skills to articulate designs to all stakeholders, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, engineering and sales to define long term strategy and direction of the product.
- Sometime work on marketing assets and and company branding.
Some projects you could be working on:
- Improve interaction with 3D objects to make it easier to move and rotate.
- Design how multiple users collaborate on Unscene.
- Library of default 3D models on Unscene.
- 5+ years of relevant design experience in technology or product based company.
- Obsessed with learning all about the users— their goals, constraints and problems.
- An expert in either UI, UX design or visual design, but skilled in broad discipline across product design.
- You enjoy working with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, sales and product.
- Value high quality well-crafted visual design, and care about the details.
- Experience of designing desktop based productivity or design tools.
- Experience with 3D modeling, animation or 3D CAD tools.
- Proficient in both English and Japanese.
- Startup experience.
If you apply, please include your portfolio or a sampling of your design work.
Unscene is adding to our team passionate people who are revolutionizing how ideas are shared in 3D. Unscene is a simple and intuitive web based 3D communication tool. Unscene’s intuitive design makes it extremely easy for anyone to share their ideas in 3D. As a result, engineers, marketers and sales executives, especially in manufacturing and construction, use Unscene to create 3D based maintenance manuals, work instructions, sales presentations or promotion materials.
Check out these slides to learn more about us.
How do I get in touch?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch!
Who else works at Unscene?
We also have Rag as an engineering advisor.
Do people really need this product?
So far, over 500+ companies have pre-registered for Unscene. We are currently running a closed beta program with 20 companies.
How my role will evolve as the company grows?
As the company grows, you will have the option to either take up managerial roles, or continue on the track of individual contributor, in the role of a senior product designer.
Have you raised any money?
We have raised 63M JPY (around 580K USD) seed round from East Ventures, GREE Ventures and Apricot Ventures. East Ventures has a successful track record of investing in start ups such as Mercari, BizReach, Base, SmartHR among others in Japan, as well as Tokopedia and Traveloka in Indonesia.
Is Japanese language a requirement?
Japanese is not required, but preferred. All written communication is done in English.
Do you sponsor visa?
We can sponsor a visa. However due to COVID-19 related uncertainties, we prefer working with someone who is already here in Japan.
Do you work remotely?
We usually work from our office in Shibuya. Due to COVID-19 emergency declaration in Tokyo, we offer the flexibility to work either from our office or from your home. Prototyping a product like Unscene, as well as a building a company culture requires frequent feedback and communication, which is hard to achieve remotely. After the emergency declaration is lifted, we will be working mostly from our office. You can still work remotely on one or two days a week, if you choose to.
What’s the interview process like?
- We will do a one hour call to get to know each other.
- Next, we will have a skill assessment interview where we go deep down on one of your previous projects, followed by a culture-fit interview (one hour each).
- After the interviews, preferably we like to work with you on a project for at least two weeks. (of course, we’d pay you for your time). Often working together for a bit is a great way to determine whether there’s a good match as future teammates and it can give you a lot of transparency.