We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to help us raise the next $10 billion for charity by driving our new Major Giving user experience vision. The Major Giving team enables large non-cash gifts to charities by facilitating nonprofits in outreach and stewardship of donors. You’ll learn a ton about the unique challenges we have in the nonprofit transformational giving industry, and work alongside an incredibly talented team of designers, UX researchers, developers, product managers, and many others in what you will find to be a thoughtful, intentional, joyful culture that cares about people, values work-life balance, and focuses on learning and growth.
To be a great fit, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional collaborator, kind and excellent communicator, a great advocate for the voice of the user, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You approach problems holistically, leveraging research insights and data from a variety of sources. At the same time, you fret the visual details. You uphold a high-quality bar and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
This role will report to our Director of UX & Product Design, Sheba Najmi, who reports directly to our co-CEO.
- Lead the vision for your product area alongside your product and engineering counterparts as a trio
- Shape the team’s roadmap and goals by providing input from the user’s perspective, advocating to solve persistent user problems, and ensuring the team is pursuing achievable, measurable, and impactful goals
- Regularly reference product goals to speak about how your design work relates to the broader product vision and company objectives
- Independently problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how and when to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Be unafraid to take on complex problems and bring new ideas to the table
- Use research and data to influence the shape of the product and tell a holistic story, while executing high-quality UI/UX designs via wireframes, mockups, specs, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Drive the creation of, and adherence to, product/design principles for your products
- Bring others along on the journey by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, being receptive to input and feedback while being able to articulate design rationale
- Work highly collaboratively with other departments such as Partner Success and Sales, employing your strengths in relationship building, communication, listening, learning, inclusiveness, and facilitation of design sessions to help create a strong design-focused culture across the company
- Use excellent time management skills to scale up, cut back, or reconsider solutions based on project objectives and resources
- Coach junior designers on approach, focus, and quality
- Contribute to our team’s resources, such as design patterns and toolkits/workflows
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, or HCI related field
- Good understanding of accessibility and design systems
- Experience designing for responsive web
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including planning and facilitation of leadership stakeholder discussions and workshops
- Highly proficient with design tools and interactive prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Principle, or equivalent)
- Excellence in both design craft and systems thinking
- Experience with managing a complex workload and prioritizing in accordance with business priorities
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $3 billion for high-impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 4 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 95+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.