As a Senior UX Designer, you will work closely with the Lead UI/UX Designer to find the best UX solutions for any Feature or tasks and work to ensure consistency across the game, be it in HUD, Menus, or Controls, looking for opportunities to innovate.
You have a range of experience working on UX for AAA projects and are able to bring this knowledge to the team, helping evangelize UX and ensure the integration of UX design into the production process. You are a skilled communicator, no matter the audience, able to present progress and represent the team as needed, always open to feedback.
- Work closely with the Lead UI/UX Designer
- Mentor junior team members, supporting their learning
- Delegate smaller tasks to juniors and coach them through them
- Be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Be able to follow schedules and manage own time to achieve results
- Be autonomous and able to own tasks while exploring their scope and possibilities to find new solutions
- Use your experience to help determine priorities for tasks and estimate their scope
- Follow the project vision and guidelines, ensuring your work supports and informs them
- Experience in producing extensive wireframe iteration on Features
- Experience in producing a wide range of Flow diagrams to support and explain Features that the team can use and follow
- Ability to present Designs to a range of stakeholders and able to bring them along, whilst also be open to constructive feedback
- Previous experience as a Senior preferred although extensive prior experience also considered
- 3+ years experience working on AAA console and/or PC titles in a UI/UX role
- Full development cycle on at least 1 shipped AAA title on console/PC
- High level of experience in UI/UX and an impressive portfolio of work
- High level of experience in relevant tools ie Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Adobe XD etc
- Excellent communication, organization, mentorship, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent and authorization to work in Europe
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Familiarity with Unreal UE4
- Knowledge of common development software (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint, Jira)
- Keen interest in playing games and game development beyond UI/UX Passion for UX, usability, accessibility
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, the US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, Funcom is working on an open-world multiplayer survival game set in the universe of Dune and is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join its development team in Oslo, Norway. As a part of this team, you will take part in bringing this amazing world to life, while pushing the boundaries of quality and gameplay in the survival genre.