The Senior UX Designer works alongside the Head of Design & Delivery, and is responsible for all aspects of UX and the UX team that delivers that capability.
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for setting UX policy and standards and ensuring that those policies and standards are adhered to by the team.
The Senior UX Designer works with the other department heads and the General Manager to ensure that projects are delivered in the best possible way for the benefit of Tigerspike and its clients.
- Preparing, running and documenting workshops.
- Creation and communication of User flows, Information Architecture, Wireframes and Sitemaps.
- Conducting UX reviews on products during the course of Design and Development.
- Facilitate and lead in the User testing process.
- Inspiring clients and turning ideas into world-class experiences.
- Learn, advocate and assist in developing further, Tigerspike’s UX Methodology
- Being commercially aware of project resource allocation considering both cost and time.
- Assisting with pitches where required and presenting Tigerspike UX credentials to clients.
- Interpreting client briefs and establishing the appropriate approach.
- Coaching, supporting, energising, and ensuring Tigerspike’s values are instilled within the UX team.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of UX deliverables whilst not compromising quality standards.
- Ensuring that all projects remain and are delivered within scope.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the UX discipline advocating the importance of world class UX to the wider Tigerspike team.
- Communicating design and aesthetic concepts to a wide variety of people with varying levels of UX experience including:
- Clients and their representatives
- Demonstrate strong appreciation and knowledge of UX and fundamental design principles.
- Well versed and highly passionate about technology.
- Maintaining expert UX knowledge by attending conferences, reading blogs and other news sources etc.
- Disseminating expert knowledge within the business by writing website articles, conducting lunch and learns, sending information to the appropriate mailing lists and updating the developer wiki and intranet.
- Providing expert opinion on Statements of Work and Proposals.
- Providing expert opinion on project deliverables relating to the speciality including wireframes, designs and other project artefacts.
Work permit & language
- We are looking for the person who has Employment rights(VISA) in Japan.
- Both of Fluent Japanese and English skills in speaking, writing, and reading.
- UX assets.
- UX documentation
- Lunch and learns, website articles and blogs.
- Comments, advice and expert opinion.
Personal and Behavioural
- Passionate about UX.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire other members of the UX team.
- Ability to work on many projects concurrently.
- Ability to work with precision under tight deadlines.
- Personal initiative and independence in achieving outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Willingness to accept wide range of responsibilities.
- Enthusiastic about technology.
Key Internal/External Contacts and Purpose
- Design team members to ensure UX execution quality.
- Technology team members to ensure UX execution quality.
- Commercial team members for scoping, effort estimates, proposals and SOW review.
- Other department heads for ensuring team cooperation and smooth project delivery.
- Clients for proposals, pitches and expert opinion and advice.
- Client’s representatives for consultation and expert opinion and advice.
- Industry groups, representing Tigerspike’s design credentials at a local level.
- Vendors, providing art direction, expert opinion and advice.