- Lead our worldwide team of engineers to operational excellence. Discover modern best practices and make them available through productivity-increasing tooling
- Empower teams to provide reliable systems. Facilitate the operation of service level objectives (SLO), on-call rotations, and blameless post-mortems
- Drive the construction of a multi-regional cloud-native infrastructure that delivers performance to our global user base
- Optimize the processes for trimming down infrastructure costs and tuning our fleet of instances for maximum efficiency
- Administration experience in container orchestration platforms, preferably using Kubernetes and demonstrated by the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certificate
- Experience in observability (monitoring, logging, and tracing) for cloud-based environments, using CNCF tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Thanos, Jaeger, or SaaS tools such as Datadog
- Expertise in maintaining self-service CI/CD platforms and supporting techniques like Trunk-Based development, GitOps-based deployments, or automated canary releases
- Business level communication in English
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of fundamental AWS services with a certification as an AWS Associate or above
- Proficiency in operating public cloud services using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Passion to stay up-to-date with the latest industry topics in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), DevOps, and the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Knowledge of common application architecture patterns: distributed systems, microservices, asynchronous processing, event-driven systems, and others
Recently crowned Japan’s latest tech unicorn, this company runs a wildly successful news service that’s powered by machine learning. It’s an engineering-focused company (One of the co-founders is an engineer) and they have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Shanghai, Beijing that are apparently doing quite well too.
The mission of SmartNews is to discover and deliver quality stories to the world. Since its inception in 2012, the SmartNews app has been downloaded over 50 million downloads and maintained a monthly active user count of over 20 million.