Designers on the Savant Team have access to the most sophisticated technology in the market. We understand that consumers of luxury products expect the very best. We consider the design discipline within Savant to be a laboratory for innovation and experimentation.
About the role:
In this role, you will be working closely with our product designers to create fresh, innovative, and inspiring interfaces for Savant’s emerging energy products. If you are interested in home energy production (solar, wind, etc.), energy monitoring, automation, microgrids, and more – you are going to love working on our products.
Design challenges could resemble the following:
- Translate data rich wireframes into usable, elegant user interfaces
- Build new and evolve existing style guides and pattern libraries across multiple products
- Conceptualize how applications scale across device type and platform
Our designers are able to understand business requirements, technical limitations, as well as be responsible for gathering stakeholder insights. The UI Designer will also be expected to think critically about the overall user experience, challenge ideas, and employ contemporary standards for user interface design.
- Interpret wireframes, user flows, and other UX artifacts and translate them into elegant user experiences
- Deliver best-in-class user interface designs using the iterative design and development process, in partnership with other teams/groups.
- Build and evolve comprehensive pattern libraries – style guides, components, etc. Help ensure that these design patterns work cohesively across a wide of devices and platforms.
- Work closely with developers to…
- Understand the possibilities and limitations in our platforms (but always push for the best possible experience)
- Prepare our designs for development:
- Prepare components and assets that can be cleanly inspected by developers
- Provide annotations and requirements when necessary
- Provide layout and formatting for different device types and sizes
- Consistently be at the forefront of new tools and design processes.
- Bring your designs to life creating interactive prototypes as needed.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Build relationships and collaborate with team members and stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- A strong portfolio and case studies that illustrate working within a design process – show us how you arrived at the final interface design.
- Expertise in standard UX design software such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD. We are a Figma house, so we’d love someone who can really tap the potential of this software.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and to team members.
- Be inspired to work and live with technology.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with team members.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things Design and technological innovation
- Be ready to showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Ability to work remotely and while remaining tuned-in to timelines and objectives.
- Understanding of and experience utilizing atomic design principles
- Experience working with in React environments
- Experience with animated elements and interactions
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal
About Racepoint Energy
Racepoint Energy is focused on developing sustainable energy solutions for homes, businesses and the utility. As a sister company to Savant Inc., we work closely with all divisions of Savant Home and GE Lighting, a Savant Company.
Savant Systems, Inc., is a true powerhouse delivering unmatched intelligent lighting and smart home solutions. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered for every home.
Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology brings climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy together in a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.
GE Lighting, a Savant company, has been at the forefront of every major lighting innovation, from the first light bulb to industry-first LED and smart solutions along with the world’s first voice-embedded lighting product. Today it leads the North American retail lighting market as the most trusted, recommended and likely to purchase brand.