You will design intuitive solutions for our mobile app. The next major theme we want to explore in the app revolves around grammar. We want users to be able to learn common grammatical rules that they can then apply when forming new sentences on their own. There are two points of access to consider for this project:
- Users should be able to access the grammatical rules on our website (and then select content from the website to create flashcards for in the app) and vice versa (users should be able to find these grammatical rules while in-app and then be able to link to a website to read more detailed descriptions, comments, etc.).
- We eventually need to enable users to curate/tag these rules as they come across them, so that while the content grows, the ease of finding content relevant to each user doesn’t diminish.
A knowledge of grammar is not needed at all in order to be successful with this project. Nailing the user flow is essential, but an understanding of the actual grammatical content the users are learning is not.
- Design an incredibly intuitive user experience that surfaces relevant grammatical content to a user while in-app and enables them to seamlessly choose to learn more about the grammatical rule and then return back to what they were doing in the app.
- Create an experience where a user can transition between the web and our app in order to find, learn, and practice grammatical rules.
- Empower users to make choices about what grammatical topics they want to explore based on their current grasp of the language.
UI/UX Designer [Project 2] Core Skills & Experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Portfolio of design projects
- Strong in UI Design / Brand
- Strong interaction design knowledge
- Conceptualizes original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Designs and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, process flows, sitemaps, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Translates concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- User-centered design approach and ability to rapidly test and iterate designs
- Strong in animation, or at least animation concepts, which we can refine with a front-end developer
UI/UX Designer [Project 2] Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer in a startup environment
- Figma experience
- User Testing experience via Maze
- Understanding of app experience
- Front-End Dev experience
- We are a language learning product, so experience learning a second language is valuable. In addition, we ship many languages to customers, so globalization and internationalization experience is a plus.
About Fluent Forever
The Fluent Forever mobile application is the most successful crowdfunded app in history, and for good reason: we are building the most powerful language learning platform in the world.
Our mission is to enable ten million people to have comfortable conversations in a foreign language by 2030, and we need great people to help us get there.