We are looking for a UX Researcher with a qualitative focus to join our growing UX Research team at 1Password. We’re a team that’s excited to learn and experiment. We nurture a safe and creative environment where we can continuously grow and produce impactful work.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly curious, has a passion for UX research and solving user problems. You have experience conducting end-to-end qualitative research studies using methods such as usability tests in a software environment. Your research has the potential to impact key decisions regarding our design and direction.
- You collaborate using strong communication, written documentation, and facilitation skills
- Work closely with Product Designers, PMs, Engineers, Product Marketers, and Writers to make sure your research supports and helps to define goals, timelines, and deliverables for everyone’s work
- Experience designing and conducting remote usability tests as well as survey research
- Ability to efficiently analyze qualitative and quantitative data using industry best practices
- Ability to present findings from UX Research in a clear, concise way to designers, developers, and team leads
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Bonus points for:
- Passion for building world-class accessible products and services that work for everyone and know how to deliver research that supports this
- A demonstrable impact on the direction of a product or service in the past
- Passion for design-thinking within the product development process, and a keen interest in behavioral biases and triggers
- Hands-on experience across the entire toolkit of exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods
- You know how to choose the method that best answers your question
- Experience running usability testing across mobile and desktop. You don’t always default to usability testing, but you love testing products with people when it makes sense to do so
- Able to balance robust studies with the practicalities of delivering work in a growingly complex market. You can see when research isn’t needed
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.