- Be in tune with users and understand user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Pair up with UI Designer to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Proven experience as a UX Designer/Product Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Native level Japanese
Nice to Haves
- Background in project management and research
- Knowledge of industry and market trends
- Experience working in Agile Scrum
- Conversational English
Zehitomo runs a matching platform for freelancers and local businesses across Japan. They connect people looking for local services with professionals who want to provide them. Zehitomo attracts over 200,000 professionals from all over Japan in more than 500 categories, including yoga instructors, piano lessons, photographers, kitchen remodeling, and air conditioner cleaning, etc.
They don’t charge any intermediary fees, and their model is to charge professionals when they send users a quote, which is very reasonable at around 500 yen per quote on average. By creating an environment where Japanese professionals (sole proprietors) can easily do business, Zehitomo creates a fair and transparent market where highly specialized people can properly make money.
Two of their founders are well versed in both Silicon Valley and Japanese culture. This has helped them build a culture that combines the best of Silicon Valley and Japan.
They aim to make decisions quickly and think logically while constantly improving their processes. This makes it a perfect environment for people who want to work in a flat, global team made up of a small number of professionals, that focuses on speed.
Zehitomo hires regardless of nationality or place of residence. Also, they’re planning to hire specialists rather than generalists in the future.
For developers, the company has adopted an agile development style using cutting-edge technologies such as mongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js. This provides an environment with lots of opportunities to learn about the latest technologies. They’re also able to hire people who can speak either Japanese or English at a business level.