Perry Street Software is hiring an experienced and talented UX/UI designer to shape Perry Street’s mobile app for a diverse global audience.
The UX/UI Designer will focus on end-to-end flows, features, and experiences for the Jack’d and SCRUFF apps. You will be responsible for collaborating on user research and translating insights into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The UX/UI Designer will also take the lead on usability testing to help inform and iterate on user flows and interactions and to continually improve the quality of our products.
The UX/UI designer works closely with a marketing, graphic designer, product managers, and the engineering team. They will make thoughtful and deliberate design decisions that take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our 25 million users worldwide. The UX/UI Designer will also help champion an empathy-driven, user-first mentality across the company that both elevates our level of product design and works to achieve our company goals.
- Take ownership over establishing and maintaining a consistent, coherent user experience overall of our product offerings.
- Facilitate product vision for SCRUFF and Jack’d by researching, conceiving, sketching prototyping, and user-testing experiences for the apps.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences across a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to the core or new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- 5+ years in a UX/UI design role
- An exceptional portfolio showing smart, thoughtful design work through wireframes, sketches, and user flows
- Demonstrated experience designing consumer software. This includes not only shipping prototypes, but also experience iterating on existing products in versions 2, 3, and beyond.
- Experience developing or contributing to a design system, such as a HIG, for a given app or company
- Experience using modern UX/UI design tools such as Figma, Principle, InVision, and/or Sketch
- Experience with Adobe tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to the Perry Street team.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model (e.g. remote developers), to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX/UI and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
About Perry Street Software
Perry Street Software is Jack’d and SCRUFF. We are two of the world’s largest gay, bi, trans, and queer social dating apps on iOS and Android. Our brands reach more than 20 million members worldwide so members can connect, meet and express themselves on a platform that prioritizes privacy and security.
Perry Street is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.