We are seeking a Content Visual Designer that can help us launch successful products by delivering well-designed written content, both internally to our supporting teams and externally to our customers.
This would include working closely with Product, User Experience, Content, and Marketing teams to ensure content has a compelling and clear design.
● Own design direction on user-facing content for Indeed’s B2B products. Content includes but is not limited to user guides, product briefs, release notes and FAQs.
● One the design on internal content for Indeed’s B2B products. Content includes but is not limited to user guides, product briefs, training materials, and FAQs.
● Work collaboratively with writers, user experience designers, marketers, and client services to create effective written content.
● The ability to condense very technical and significant amounts of messaging into succinct communications with clear designs.
● Analyze existing content and identify ways to improve impact and optimize effectiveness.
The ideal candidate has strong design and writing skills in both English and Japanese. You can work independently, are innovative and resourceful, making the most impact with the least amount of resources. You are an excellent collaborator, able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure the success of your initiatives. You are not satisfied with the status quo and always look for ways to make the program better.
● Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline.
● 2+ years professional experience working in content creation or user experience design.
● A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing modern content for a wide range of mediums and formats (web, print, social media, one-pagers, pdfs, etc…)
● Native-level of English proficiency and business level Japanese.
● 4-year BS/BA
● Knowledge and experience of the JP HR space are highly desirable.