EKO Instruments is looking for a Visual Designer to join the Marketing Dept. at their headquarters in Sasazuka, Tokyo. Though an entry-level position, the postholder will have the opportunity to help shape the presentation and brand image of EKO globally. They will work closely with colleagues in Japan, the EU, US, and other countries, defining their visual style through product campaigns, and other major initiatives.
To apply, candidates just need to email their CV to ‘email@example.com‘.
The Head of Marketing & Communications is James Loginov.
They are looking to fill the position ASAP and they seem to be more flexible than usual; they don’t care about TOEIC or JLPT scores for example and they will consider candidates who don’t exactly match the job description.
- Looking for a Visual Designer with B2B experience to join the Design Team. As a member of the Marketing Dept. you will work closely with the Head of Marketing & Communications on a range of projects, supporting EKO’s global growth and ambitious brand, social, and awareness objectives.
- Supporting the Environmental Instruments and Material Analysis divisions in Japan, in addition to colleagues in Europe, the US, China, India, the successful applicant will bring a global perspective to the team, together with an awareness of how cultural difference impacts design.
- The successful applicant will play a key role in brand management, and evolution, with design at the core of our marketing strategy.
- Create graphic designs for print and online use, including but not limited to: print ads, product guides, catalogs, social media images, booth design, templates, etc.
- Stay up to date with industry trends to keep ahead of competitors
- Encourage internal stakeholders to share their ideas. Work collaboratively to develop a brief, and nurture creativity across the organisation
- Communicate productively with management, other design team members, and with colleagues around the world to keep them up-to-date with project milestones
- Guide and support team members on shared projects
- Take responsibility for assigned projects, and manage the internal design process/procedure when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
- Full and fluent knowledge of current design tools and software
- Enough confidence to develop ideas based on a brief, to propose alternatives, and to challenge existing styles and practices
- Ability to self manage time to meet deadlines
- A background of working well as part of a design team AND larger Marketing team
- The ability to think creatively; to then present, deliver and sell your ideas
- Global design sensibility, with an awareness of cultural differences and design sensitivities
- Film making
- Animation (3D Modelling)
- Understanding of UI and UX, coding, and GIFs is a plus
- Experience in Web Design
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, and In-Design) AND/OR other Design Software (+ 5 Years)
- Undergraduate degree in design, fine arts or a related field
- Visual Design Experience (+ 2 years)
- They do not require a formal TOEIC/JLPT or other official language certification, however, they do require strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
- Please submit your application and your CV in both English, and Japanese with a short personal statement. Any applications received without both language versions will not be considered.
About EKO Instruments
Over 90 years of Japanese reliability & precision in solar energy sensors, environmental science, and material analysis. EKO designed and built instruments that are today deployed around the world, supporting environmental research and renewable energy projects through continuous innovation, industry-leading turn-key solutions, and an uncompromising commitment to quality.
In 2013, EKO Instruments became the first solar sensor manufacturer in the world to achieve ISO 17025 accreditation at their international testing and calibration laboratory in Tokyo, Japan; giving partners and customers added confidence in the precision and reliability of their measuring instruments and calibration methods.
Candidates just need to email their CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘.