At Google, Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Google design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
As a Visual Designer on the Google App team, you will work closely with engineers and product managers and collaborate with cross-disciplinary partners throughout all stages of the product cycle to create compelling, coherent and user centered designs. You will help us imagine what a modernized product experience could be, and help us find opportunities to create emotional resonance with our global users.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in developing design framework for the Google App in collaboration with feature teams.
- Design and create high quality proposals throughout design process including conceptual vision design, give effective presentations, produce final designs, and work with Eng partners for implementation.
- Communicate between product teams and visual design team to ensure consistent visual design language.
- Help cultivate creative culture within team and broader organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of interaction, visual or hybrid design work experience.
- Experience with visual design tools.
- Portfolio containing both app and web work.
- 7 years of experience in visual design or a related field.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer) on technical implementation in a product lifecycle.
- Experience with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS from a UX perspective.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.