As the Marketing & Communications Director - Japan, based in our Tokyo HQ and make your mark in a number of ways:
- You will lead AirTrunk’s Japan marketing communications strategy and program.
- You will enhance AirTrunk’s reputation in Japan as a leader in hyperscale data centres, sustainability and innovation and other areas with a range of audiences.
- You will be the local marketing communications expert, acting as a strategic business partner to the Japan team and the ‘Marketing, Communications & Social Impact’ team.
Your Day to Day
- Strategy – lead and manage Japan’s regional marketing communications strategies and plans, ensuring alignment to global marketing strategy.
- Execution - deliver the Japan marketing communications program including public relations and other communications, data centres launches, digital advertising, social media, events, sales collateral, website and more.
- Local PR & communications – produce local marketing communications including media & speaker preparations, media relations strategy, localised content and materials such as reports, media releases etc.
- Partnerships – proactive and strategic business partnership with Japan leadership and the marketing, communications, and social impact teams. Build deep, trusted and productive relationships with industry associations, agencies, suppliers and consultants and other external stakeholders.
- Brand management - Embed the AirTrunk brand internally and externally. Maintain a consistent brand identity and messaging across all channels and touchpoints.
- Community partnerships – Work with the social impact team to deliver Japan community partnerships, identify and manage the hyper-local community impact activities.
- Translations – write, edit and translate communications, collateral and content
- Global marketing – support global marketing projects and activities as required
- You have 10+ years’ experience in B2B marketing and communications in Japan
- You are fluent in both Japanese (min N1 level) and English (min C1 level)
- You have relevant tertiary education
- You have successfully built highly effective marketing and communications program from strategy through to execution
- You have experience working autonomously as a sole marketer in-market, aligning to global marketing and brand
- You have experience working with Japanese and global stakeholders, building trusted relationships across the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Ideally, you have experience working in technology, data centres or commercial real estate across APAC and Japan
- You can work to brand guidelines and can present complex information that is clear, concise, engaging and easy to understand
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and manage multiple priorities
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ideally, you are proficient in in design software, WordPress, Salesforce and LinkedIn
About the Company
Want to be a part of Asia Pacific & Japan’s (APJ) largest data centre business and ‘Grow@Hyperscale’?
AirTrunk is a technology company with a powerful purpose - to scale and sustain the relentless growth of the region’s digital future. We do this by continuously redefining and delivering hyperscale data centres that meet the needs of our customers, the world’s most transformational companies. And we’re doing so sustainably, for today and tomorrow.
Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in 2017, we set our eyes on rapid expansion and now operate a platform of hyperscale data centres across the APJ region. With backing from our investors, including Macquarie Group, this is just the beginning…
Join us at AirTrunk, where the cloud meets the ground.
The AirTrunk Culture
Working at AirTrunk is a once in a lifetime opportunity to fast-track your career and make a positive impact. At AirTrunk, we’ll help you Grow@Hyperscale.
The pace of our industry means you’ll feel an electric atmosphere at AirTrunk. We are a team of challengers and collaborative problem solvers who break new ground every day. We do this by living our values; going above and beyond, and being dynamic, transparent and responsive.
Every AirTrunker brings their own unique background and diverse perspective to find solutions to problems that matter. We’ve created a flexible and safe working environment where everyone feels welcome, heard, and equal regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, marital or parental status, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
With a range of exciting employee benefits for you to choose from, we’ll help you stay positively charged in both your work and life.