The Account Executive is responsible for managing an identified portfolio of middle-to-large-sized merchants to grow volumes in B2C, B2B fields and Fee-based-Revenue by Marketing and to increase merchant satisfaction through client management and value proposition.
- Manage a portfolio of middle-to-large-sized merchants and drive growth through proactive account development.
- Drive business results and support delivery of all key business metrics including charge volume, discount revenue, discount rate, fee-based-revenues, contract retention, holdout account and etc.
- Understand key drivers, reasons for variances and proactively develop strategies to ensure sustainable and profitable growth.
- Establish and maintain positive multi-level relationships with clients.
- Develop and deliver creative and optimal solutions to clients to address complex business needs and remove pain points.
- Deliver execution of opportunities to improve merchant experience and satisfaction (NPS).
- Reinforce and demonstrate the value story to retain merchants and promote card acceptance.
- Deliver fraud prevention actions to maintain profitability.
- 3+ years of sales experience is required (corporate/enterprise sales experience preferred).
- Goal-oriented with effective time management skills and growth mindset challenging the status-quo.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen especially on retail, luxury brand, travel and hotel industries and the ability of account development skills including negotiations.
- Be a team player, with a high focus on collaboration and sharing of ideas with, and, also able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Excellent command of Japanese (both verbal & written) is mandatory - clear & eloquent, tailored to the audience.
- Good command of English (both verbal & written) is preferred.
About the Company
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly striving to uphold our powerful backing promise to our customers and each other every day.
These beliefs have been our North Star for 170 years as our business transformed – from helping evacuate travelers during World Wars, to ensuring the safety of our customers’ funds during the Great Depression in the U.S., to creating the Shop Small® movement to help small businesses recover from the Financial Crisis, to providing aid to communities impacted by many natural disasters and so much more.
For generations, the key to our success has been the determination and resilience of ourAmerican Express colleagues. Now, as a globally integrated payments company, we work together to provide customers with access to products, insights and world-class experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Join us and let’s lead the way together.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.