As a Game Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing efficient and scalable game systems, building and maintaining our game services, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. You will be an integral part of our web-based game platform as the G123 platform grows its portfolio of games and expands globally.
- Oversee the stability and reliability of G123 IP games, ensuring optimal performance and minimal downtime
- Contribute to the design and implementation of G123 IP games' cloud-native architecture, maintaining alignment with the company's strategic objectives
- Collaborate with the game development team to assist in software development, debugging, troubleshooting and performance optimization for G123 IP games
- Architect, develop, and maintain platform services for common game functionalities, including but not limited to authentication, chat, and leaderboard systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field
- Proficiency in at least one major programming language such as Go, Java, PHP, Node.js, or C++
- Solid experience with database technologies including MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Solid experience with networking technologies, including network protocols like WebSocket, network security, performance optimization, and troubleshooting network-related issues
- Experience with Linux, container technologies, and Kubernetes, with the ability to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot systems
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and in teams
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Good to Have
- Experience with at least one major game engine such as Cocos, Egret, Unity, SkyNet, or LayaAir
- Experience in leveraging game engine resource loading mechanisms to maximize performance efficiency and optimize resource utilization
- Can work in Chinese OR Japanese OR English
About the Company
Founded in 2013, CTW is Japan’s No.1 browser game company. Our primary service is the G123 IP game platform — which publishes video games based on famous Japanese IP.
We’ve been experiencing steady growth in revenue in the past few years as our player base has exploded to over 50 million users worldwide.
We must grow quickly to keep up with market demand.
Our CEO founded and named this company with the aspiration to "Change the World." As a fast-growing startup, we hope our team will drive themselves to try new things and accelerate their careers to match the rapid expansion of the company.
Our core values are
With global hits like Vivid Army, Queen's Blade, and many more, we’re looking to go from a market leader in Japan to an industry leader globally!
- Visa sponsorship
- Free lunch catering (*after 3 months of employment) and breakfast
- Free in-office Starbucks, tea, drinks, snacks, sweets & vitamins/supplements
- Modern office space in the heart of Tokyo, with views of Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji
- Industry-leading work-life harmony: overtime is rare and discouraged
- Commute expenses covered
- 30,000 yen rent support if you live 2 stops from Roppongi 1-chome or Kamiyacho stations
- Bonus for continuous employment (50,000 yen/month added to base salary after 5 years of continued employment)
- Health insurance
- Diverse & international environment
- Working hours: 10:00 – 19:00, Monday to Friday (in-office)