When you work at Daktronics, you’ll be part of something amazing. We design, engineer, manufacture and support bold, eye-catching digital LED and LCD video displays and audio systems.
Our products bring excitement to professional, college and high school games. They attract customers for businesses around the world, and even provide direction for people as they travel, work and play.
As part of the Daktronics team, you’ll have interesting, impactful work with flexible opportunities. You can learn and grow at a company that provides competitive compensation and meaningful benefits – and the people are second to none.
Our International Department is responsible for selling all of Daktronics products outside the borders of the United States. This opportunity is for a key position in our Asia-Pacific region, with a specific focus on Japan, Korea, and Guam. The Project Manager is involved with the project at the selling, approval, manufacturing, installation, and final payment stages. Project managers travel to provide sales support, project support, and installation supervision.
This exciting opportunity is for a highly driven individual with strong communication skills to work in a fast-paced technology and construction industry. The individual should value being a part of a team and can collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. The position offers the opportunity to work with customers to develop and deliver LED display technology solutions in a creative and fast-paced environment.
- Project Management and Sales Support with a focus on supporting our primary markets projects in stadiums, venues, and interactive spaces and assist with market development in emerging markets.
- Sales support of projects in the Asia Pacific Region with primary focus in Japan, Korea, and Guam. Possible support of projects in other countries throughout the Asia Pacific Region may be required, including the attendance of training and planning sessions around the world.
- Work closely with our integrators and sales partners. Maintain and grow our emerging indirect channel business.
- Promote and present Daktronics product and service solutions to customers.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, and services. Tracking actual costs relative to estimates as projects develop.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Fulfilment/Execution of Projects
- Project budget estimating and proposal generation including reading tenders, working with regional sales personnel, writing method statements and scopes of work, bid clarifications, and preparing quotations.
- Manage milestones and deliveries.
- Support our integrators and sales partners to successfully realise their projects.
- Ensure a clean, timely, and complete hand off of project to Customer Service team.
- Coordination and communication of project details with Daktronics resellers and Partners, general contractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, and owners.
- Work with Logistics Coordinators on the transportation of display equipment to project sites.
- Analyse construction drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
- Coordinate with internal teams to manage installation schedules to ensure customer’s expectations are met on short notice.
- Provide dedicated Account Management services to key customers and resellers who tend to purchase consistent large quantities.
- Accountable for overall success of projects managed.
- Participate in appropriate training activities and maintain continuous learning about Daktronics products, capabilities of products, and applications of products.
- Determine and advise on best application of products to meet customer needs, requirements, and objectives for our regional sales personnel.
- Proactively recognize and address gaps in all aspects of the business.
- Effectively filtering and positive communication of important information between teams.
- Recognition and adaptability to successfully communicate with multiple different personality types.
- Provide analysis and feedback of projects upon completion to engineering, manufacturing, project management, and management.
- Collaborate effectively as a team member; work with little supervision; help when and where needed; make and implement suggestions for product and process improvement; communicate across many teams both internally and externally to include sales, customers, and project team members.
- Must be self-motivated and organized in order to plan, execute, and document work. Candidates must also be able to confidently exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Show strong composure in new or difficult situations with the ability to adapt to make quality decisions.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer expectations.
- Education: Bachelor's level degree or equivalent is required. Preferred majors include: Project Management, Construction Management, Business Administration, or Engineering. Other technical areas of study will be considered
- At least seven years of project management experience is required. LED product experience or knowledge of video technology highly valued
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one and large groups, within all levels of the business
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Ability to travel by air and ground for a minimum of one week and up to two weeks per month in the Asia Pacific region, primarily throughout Japan, Korea, and Guam. Estimated travel to be 20% to 30%, which includes weekends. Must be eligible to obtain the appropriate visas to travel to appropriate countries.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support sales and design efforts in the region by communicating with teams in different time zones (including, but not limited to: USA, China, Ireland). Due to a small team and global structure, hours needed to complete work will vary depending on project size and location.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Advanced in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project management software
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes being skilled in communicating during presentations, negotiations, and interpersonal interactions.
- The ability to read, write, and speak fluent Japanese. Fluent in English, written and verbal. Other languages desired, but not required.
- Must be legally able to work in Japan at the time of hire. We do not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
About the Company
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and electronic display systems for information and entertainment. Our LED displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations, and along highways. They also tell you the price of gas and advertise store specials as you make your daily commute, and enhance your spectator experience when you’re in a sports stadium, whether for a high school sporting event or for your favorite pro sports team.
In 1968, Daktronics began with a purpose: To provide career opportunities to South Dakota college graduates who were having difficulty finding challenging careers within the state. That remains an important part of our purpose. But our vision and company have grown. The success of our scoreboards, large-screen displays, messaging displays, audio systems and their respective control systems means our work is visible worldwide. The services we deliver to our customers are critically important to our success as well.
We develop solutions. We lead the LED video and messaging display industry because we focus on solving our customers' challenges. We stand behind our promises with quality products and reliable services.