We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our design team and up-level our core product experience.
What You’ll Be Working On
You will be an early member of our new product Gojiberry, currently in beta.
What Gojiberry Does
We believe that businesses should talk to their customers. When a businesses understand their customers deeply, they can create successful products and services that meets their needs while giving a great user experience.
In an increasingly online world it is increasingly difficult to meet your customers face-to-face. As helpful as data analytics tools are, they lack human context. They lack the "why".
Gojiberry helps small-to-medium business owners connect with their customers and stores to gain deeper customer insights. In doing so, we want to strengthen customer relationships, grow the customer experience, and scale their business with them.
About the Way We Work
Our team adapts the Lean XP product development process. Lean XP is a software development approach that blends Lean and XP principles to deliver customer value efficiently and eliminate waste. It emphasizes collaboration, flexibility, and continuous improvement through practices like continuous integration, testing, and pair programming. The goal is to deliver value quickly and with high quality. What it means to how we work from a day-to-day basis is:
- User focus: We strive to have a strong understanding of the user’s needs and prioritize delivering value to them.
- Pairing: We work in pairs to reduce communication cost and for faster decision-making process. You will be working closely with another designer to deliver design solutions.
- Small, incremental delivery: We focus on delivering small, usable pieces of functionality frequently, rather than large batches infrequently.
- Test-driven development: We write automated tests before writing code to ensure that the code meets the desired requirements.
As a Product Designer in our lean team, you will own the end-to-end experience of our product. What you will achieve in this position includes:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify customer problems, establish vision, set strategy, build and ship solutions
- Conduct user research and testing to uncover and understand user needs, pain points, and behaviors
- Help shape a product that is intuitive and elegant for small-to-medium business owners
- Facilitate and role model human-centered problem solving. Evangelize co-creation across the organization
- Communicate design concepts and solutions to stakeholders and team members to get buy-in and feedback
- Staying current with design trends and best practices to continuously improve the product and user experience
- 2+ years designing digital products within software companies
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to conduct user research and to ship high-quality interaction and interface design work
- Proficient in leading a user-centered design process:
- can effectively communicate design decisions backed by research and data
- can seamlessly collaborate to successfully launch end-to-end product features
- Experience with software products within E-commerce industry
- Experience or familiarity with Agile and XP practices
- Experience with growing a product from 0 to 1
- Experience with community fostering
- Experience with leading design workshops
- Business or native level of English
- Conversational or higher level of Japanese
What Kind of Person We are Looking For
- A strong communicator and collaborator to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Open for feedback and embraces a growth mindset
- User-centric: uncovering latent customer needs through research and synthesis, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the pain points of users
- A visionary with an innovative approach to solving problems, embracing trial-and-error processes to refine raw ideas into visually stunning designs
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a small team - your ability to build strong relationships is critical to success
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments that require experimentation and frequent adjustment
About the Company
EDOCODE is a startup company that was founded with the goal of conceptualizing and developing services needed across the globe. We are a team that prioritizes diversity, having 60/40 male to female ratio, and 65/35 Japanese to foreign ratio. From this diversity we work to create relevant products that will be used by people of all backgrounds. We endeavor to leverage IT/web technologies to provide solutions to everyday inconveniences and ultimately contribute to bettering the world.
We are a mindful and passionate group, striving to build an ideal work environment for a variety of lifestyles. We create flexibility by being fully remote and being understanding towards team members with families and other unique needs. Alleviating these external concerns allow us to focus on what we do best - building great services that generate more value for our customers.