You will be an early member of our new product Gojiberry, currently in beta.
What Gojiberry Does
We believe that businesses should talk to their customers. When a businesses understand their customers deeply, they can create successful products and services that meets their needs while giving a great user experience.
In an increasingly online world it is increasingly difficult to meet your customers face-to-face. As helpful as data analytics tools are, they lack human context. They lack the "why".
Gojiberry helps small-to-medium business owners connect with their customers and stores to gain deeper customer insights. In doing so, we want to strengthen customer relationships, grow the customer experience, and scale their business with them.
About the Way We Work
Our team adapts the Lean XP product development process. Lean XP is a software development approach that blends Lean and XP principles to deliver customer value efficiently and eliminate waste. It emphasizes collaboration, flexibility, and continuous improvement through practices like continuous integration, testing, and pair programming. Th e goal is to deliver value quickly and with high quality. What it means to how we work from a day-to-day basis is:
- User focus: We strive to have a strong understanding of the user’s needs and prioritize delivering value to them.
- Pairing: We work in pairs to reduce communication cost and for faster decision-making process. You will be working closely with another product manager to deliver product strategies.
- Small, incremental delivery: We focus on delivering small, usable pieces of functionality frequently, rather than large batches infrequently.
- Test-driven development: We write automated tests before writing code to ensure that the code meets the desired requirements.
You will be responsible for growing our user base:
- Understanding the target market and user needs
- Interact closely and frequently with customers to create empathy and understanding in their needs and pain points
- Network and build relationships with potential customers
- Create a sense of community and loyalty among existing users
You will manage our digital marketing from top to bottom:
- Research and understand our competitive landscape, and where our opportunities and challenges are
- Generate our marketing strategy and manage it in the form of product roadmaps and OKRs
- Communicate closely with design and engineering to create alignment and to efficiently execute our marketing strategy
- Analyze and communicate results to inform next steps
- 2+ years in marketing within software companies, including developing both paid and organic channels
- Analytical skills, including but not limited to conversion funnels and growth metrics
- Ability to understand and communicate customer needs both internally within our team discussions, and externally in the form of marketing assets
- Experience with software products targeting businesses
- Experience or familiarity with Agile and XP practices
- Experience with growing a product from 0 to 1
- Experience with community fostering
- Experience with user research and segmentation
- Product management experience with a proven record of prioritizing and successfully launching impactful products or platforms
- Business or native level of English
- Conversational or higher level of Japanese
The Kind of Person We Are Looking For
- Autonomous and self-directed
- Passionate about interacting with our customers and creating value for them
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a small team - your ability to build strong relationships is critical to success
- Passion for Growth, Product, Pricing, and/or Behavioral Economics!
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments that require experimentation and frequent adjustment
- Strategic and hands-on, capable of utilizing modern tools to output results that lead to customer growth outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you will write and speak a lot!
About the Company
EDOCODE is a startup company that was founded with the goal of conceptualizing and developing services needed across the globe. We are a team that prioritizes diversity, having 60/40 male to female ratio, and 65/35 Japanese to foreign ratio. From this diversity we work to create relevant products that will be used by people of all backgrounds. We endeavor to leverage IT/web technologies to provide solutions to everyday inconveniences and ultimately contribute to bettering the world.
We are a mindful and passionate group, striving to build an ideal work environment for a variety of lifestyles. We create flexibility by being fully remote and being understanding towards team members with families and other unique needs. Alleviating these external concerns allow us to focus on what we do best - building great services that generate more value for our customers.