Salary package based on skill and experience, USD currency
ELSA Speak is a global leader in conversational AI technologies for language learning. Our mission is to help people learn English and languages in a fun, engaging, and effective way. We are a fast-growing company with a team of talented and passionate people.We are looking for talented & creative Product Designers who share our vision and are eager to make a difference in the world.
Why Work at ELSA Speak?
- We are a fast-growing company with a team of talented and passionate people.
- We are working on a cutting-edge product that is helping people learn English.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We have a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We offer the opportunity to make a real impact on the company and its users.
If you are a talented individual who is passionate about design and user experience, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Remote within +/- 3 hrs of Viet Nam (Indochina timezone) (GMT+7)
This is a remote position, and open for candidates based in South Asia, South East Asia regions.
Experience (junior, mid-level, etc.): Senior
Candidates can apply from: Everywhere
Visa sponsorship: Available
- As a Design owner, define the User Experience of the product and features
- Develop user journeys, mockups, prototypes, storyboards, and presentations to effectively communicate the design ideas
- Work with Research, Engineering, and Product to strategize and design user-centric journeys that deliver delight and value to users
- Iterate rapidly on designs based on feedback from users and stakeholders
- Plan and facilitate the user testing of the features with assistance from UXR & PM teams
- Partner with other designers to refine design systems, illustration libraries and integrate new features into our evolving product ecosystem
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure designs are implemented to spec and collaborate with them to come up with creative design solutions when technical challenges arise
- Collaborate with Product & Design stakeholders to facilitate workshops, ideation sessions to create a pipeline of idea/feature backlogs as necessary
- As a generalist with high-agency, wear the hat of pseudo PM on the problem area. Understand the Team OKRs, measuring success, experimentation, MVP and release cycles
- Proficiency with using UX tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Framer, etc.)
- Portfolio demonstrating UX Design work across multiple platforms
- Experience working with Design Leads and Product Managers, under a high growth and rapidly evolving culture (like startups)
- Experience partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact
- Minimum experience of 3 years; startup experience is preferred and a Degree/Certificate in Design is great to have
About the Company
Our vision is to enable the 1.5 billion language learners around the globe to speak English with full confidence and unlock their opportunities in life. Our flagship product, ELSA Speak, is a personal virtual English speaking coach. ELSA can listen to you speak English, pick out the exact errors as you speak at an individual sound level or intonation, rhythm, and pitch. ELSA will then give you instant feedback and recommendations on how to fix those errors. All these feedback are fully automated using our proprietary speech recognition technology based on deep-learning algorithms.
Our recent accomplishments
- “The Best Digital Learning App” at Reimagine Education 2016
- The 2016 winner of the world’s largest startup competition SXSWEdu Launch
- Honorable Mention: Fast Company's World Changing Ideas Awards, 2020
- GSV Edtech 150, CBInsights AI 100, 2020 & 2021
- Recognized as Top 5 Best Artificial Intelligence Apps (by Research Sniper); and Top 4 Companies Using AI To Transform The World (by Forbes)
- 50+ million users across 200+ countries
- Invested by Gradient Ventures - Google’s A.I. fund
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on a cutting-edge product that is helping people learn English
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to make a real impact on the company and its users