We are seeking a senior backend engineer to work with the Launchpad product team and intrapreneurs to build and grow digital products from scratch, while setting a strong foundation for Launchpad’s technical organization.
Our ideal engineer will have well-informed technical perspectives, backed in evidence, experience and exceptional work products. They will actively seek ownership and accountability and will thrive in high-velocity environments. In return, Fujitsu Launchpad will provide the opportunity to build innovative products meeting real user needs, make foundational technical decisions, and contribute to structuring and leading a high performing engineering team.
We offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours, and a remote-friendly culture (we have a co-working space in Toranomon Hills, Tokyo; in-person attendance is optional).
- Develop software in an API-friendly manner by using a modern tech stack and cloud stack
- Take responsibility for end-to-end product delivery, including security considerations, code reviews, testing, quality assurance and bug fixes as part of the CI/CD cycle
- 5-7+ years of experience in developing data manipulation systems with API (REST/RPC) by using any of the applicable programming languages(PHP, GoLang, Python, NodeJS).
- Exceptional knowledge in operative systems, linux, RAM, CPU, algorithm, networking, strong understanding of OOP concepts, SOLID, GRASP, etc.
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL and relevant topics - ACID and isolation levels, race conditions, deadlocks, etc.
- Strong use of test frameworks and motivation to improve test coverage (unit, functional, integrational).
- Fluent use of CI/CD management systems Docker, Helm, and Kubernetes, ArgoCD for declarative deployment.
- Ability to setup and use Terraform to manage infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience with monitoring on Prometheus/Loki/Newrelic + PagerDuty.
- Experience working in a startup environment and building user-friendly applications (either B2B or B2C) from zero.
- High level of competency across the full application development life cycle, including analyzing product specifications, building, testing, and resolving issues.
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities, proactive cross-functional communication skills, and the ability to learn quickly and continuously upskill in unfamiliar areas.
- Skills in system administration and ability to resolve unix-related problems.
- Deep understanding of cloud stack (AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline is a plus.
- Ideally, business-level English and Japanese communication skills (although we may also consider English-only candidates in some cases, depending on technical capabilities and experience).
About the Company
Fujitsu Launchpad is a Tokyo-based venture studio subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited. As a corporate venture studio, we act as an institutional cofounder by proactively investing in and building ventures from an initial idea stage. We create new ventures from zero, with the goals of achieving product-market fit, growing profitable new businesses, and delivering outsized returns on investment. We are currently incubating ventures across a variety of regions and sectors, including AI-enabled B2B SaaS tools, an IoT consumer application, and a sports training and community platform.