We are seeking a senior frontend engineer with React/Next.js/Remix expertise to work with the Launchpad product team and intrapreneurs to build and grow digital products from scratch, while setting a strong foundation for Launchpad’s technical organization.
Our ideal engineer will have well-informed technical perspectives, backed in evidence, experience and exceptional work products. They will actively seek ownership and accountability and will thrive in high-velocity environments. In return, Fujitsu Launchpad will provide the opportunity to build innovative products meeting real user needs, make foundational technical decisions, and contribute to structuring and leading a high performing engineering team.
We offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours, and a remote-friendly culture (we have a co-working space in Toranomon Hills, Tokyo; in-person attendance is optional).
- Develop, test, maintain, and deploy web applications. You'll work alongside backend developers and product designers to build high-performing applications with seamless user experiences
- Take responsibility for end-to-end product delivery, including security considerations, code reviews, testing, quality assurance and bug fixes as part of the CI/CD cycle
- 5+ years of experience in web application development.
- Strong knowledge of TypeScript and react.js/next.js ecosystem with any of higher level UI/UX frameworks (Remix or similar).
- Understanding of design systems and component reuse in applications.
- Understanding and ability to use Docker to deliver applications through lifecycle stages: development, testing, release.
- Experience in writing testable components and applying unit/functional/integrational tests. Technologies similar to Cypress should be part of the toolbox.
- Experience working in a startup environment and building user-friendly applications (either B2B or B2C) from zero.
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities, proactive cross-functional communication skills, and the ability to learn quickly and continuously upskill in unfamiliar areas.
- Team lead or SCRUM master experience
- Open-source projects or publications about IT
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline is a plus
- Ideally, business-level English and Japanese communication skills (although we may also consider English-only candidates in some cases, depending on technical capabilities and experience)
About the Company
Fujitsu Launchpad is a Tokyo-based venture studio subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited. As a corporate venture studio, we act as an institutional cofounder by proactively investing in and building ventures from an initial idea stage. We create new ventures from zero, with the goals of achieving product-market fit, growing profitable new businesses, and delivering outsized returns on investment. We are currently incubating ventures across a variety of regions and sectors, including AI-enabled B2B SaaS tools, an IoT consumer application, and a sports training and community platform.