NOTICE: This position requires Japanese proficiency. If you apply without any description about your Japanese proficiency, your will be rejected.
The Account Director, Hilton Worldwide Sales – Tokyo Japan will manage and grow high Value and large potential Share of Wallet account for Hilton Worldwide. The role will look after these accounts on a local, (national), international & global basis where relevant. they will be required to manage one Key or multiple segments either corporate MICE, and/or local accounts, etc. They will be accountable for the performance of selected accounts on a local, national and global basis as well as team management responsibilities. They will create, execute and communicate the account strategies and plans in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to both internal and external customers.
What will I be doing?
The Account Director, Hilton Worldwide Sales – Tokyo Japan is accountable for the performance of their key and strategic accounts. To do this, they need to proactively manage the relationships with customers as well as stakeholders such as VP's, Hotel and/or cluster GMs, DBD', RDOS', GAD, and Hotel managers. They need to create and communicate the account strategies in order to drive increased and unfair share and is responsible for the implementation and execution of Various projects that will drive this unfair share. The role holder in owner agnostic. The Account Director is also responsible for team management responsibilities.
Planning Activities (20%)
- Develops strategies and directions for account in remit.
- Identities and evaluates business opportunities for the company and directs accordingly.
- Executes strategic account development plans and Sports Communication of Key messages Internally and externally.
- Develops plans to Important long team goals for the business that are the basis for short team goals and annual operational planning.
- Develops appropriate objectives and directs their achievement.
- Establishes relevant procedures and processes
- Accountable for the delivery of the strategy and activities of the sales function.
- Total account management focus where applicable.
- Quickly determine the segments within the accounts that provide the greater opportunities.
Organizing Activities (50%)
- Identities resources, oversees activities and confers with key stakeholder to ensure objectives of the team and sales function are accomplished.
- Implements plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base and supports the company's revenue strategies.
- Develops account plans that specify objectives and sales activities to support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for account penetration.
- Establishes and develops long team effective working relationships with key customers to drive business.
- Depending on the segment,
- Manages the RFP prosses ensuring the correct procedures are in place to support the client and drive business into Hilton for corporate transient clients as well as airlines
- Handles the strategic relationship with MICE / CMTG clients and handles group requests, at times supported by a coordinator or venue finder (may be specializing on a specific segment like Sports or Pharma)
- Handles the strategic relationship with leisure operators (e.g. including rate negotiations, intermediary agreements, sales promotions)
- Ensures relevant updates are sent both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account strategy.
- Networking with sub account handlers and global leads where relevant.
- Strengthening relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies where relevant.
- Accountable for communicating the strategy, ADP, and activities on a regular basis, along with relevant issues, opportunities and successes.
- Holds quarterly business review meetings with each managed accounts to evaluate business performance, identify opportunities and address any related issues/concerns.
- Manages cross-functional links to other teams, departments and functions.
- Regular meetings to take place to account base throughout the sales territory.
- Attends relevant industry conferences and events.
Directing Activities (10%)
- Directs development and administration of team activities.
- Provides direction to team members and establishes work priorities to achieve management objectives for those accounts managed by incumbents.
- Executes organizational directives and encourages achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
People Activities (15%)
- Ensures monthly 1:1's are conducted with direct reports and coordinator as appropriate to accomplish goals.
- Ensuring the movement of sales people around the team and between hotels/ functions/ regions.
- Driving team performance through clearly focusing effort through objectives and targets.
- Ensuring that performance is reviewed on a regular basis, recognizing and celebrating success and refocusing efforts where targets are missed.
- Addressing performance issues in a supportive, timely and decisive manner.
- Ensuring that all people in the team are trained and equipped to excel in their roles.
- Ensuring that all sales people have clear and appropriate targets for revenue generated, appointments conducted and accounts retained and acquired.
- Providing sales advice, guidance and direction to the team, communicating regularly and monitoring performance in a thorough
Account Director, Hilton Worldwide Sales – Tokyo Japan is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Significant work experience in customer facing, revenue generating roles including management experience
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Fluency in English, and local language, verbal and writing skills
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- Years of related experience: 7+
- Years of management or supervisory experience: 2+
- Management or supervisory experience type: Supervisory
- Additional requirements: Flexibility to travel
It would be advantageous if the candidate satisfies following qualifications:
- Hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales, Marketing, Revenue or Operating roles
- In-depth knowledge of business sector manage
- International experience advantageous
- Working knowledge of at least one other Asian language
- MS/MA/Master's Degree
- Years of related experience: 7+
- Years of management or supervisory experience: 4+
- Management or supervisory experience type: Managerial
About the Company
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!