Infostellar connects satellite operators to their spacecraft through a global network of ground stations. Our StellarStation platform revolutionizes the ground-services segment of the space industry by enabling satellite operators to access a diverse and ever-increasing network of antenna sites through a single cloud-based API interface. This allows operators to add ground stations to support their missions in a simple and predictable, and scalable manner.
Here at Infostellar, our software engineers are challenged with:
- Developing a ground station-sharing platform that virtualizes networks by connecting different types of ground stations all over the world
- Creating fast and scalable backend systems on a global infrastructure
- Building an intuitive and flexible ground station service management UI (pass scheduling, SLA monitoring, billing dashboard)
- Minimizing the user’s efforts to integrate with the platform to accelerate the network expansion
- Ensuring the platform is secure and reliable by developing technical solutions and new tools to help mitigate security and reliability vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
If you’re driven by interesting, challenging problems that require sound software engineering solutions, and have always dreamt of working in the space industry, then do reach out. We’re building something special, and we’d love for you to be a part of it. To see some of what we’re doing have a look at our open-source repositories: https://github.com/infostellarinc
- Design and create intuitive user interfaces for intuitive and seamless user experiences
- Develop wireframes, prototypes and mockups to visualize design concepts and interactions
- Implement UI designs to be maintainable, responsive and cross-browser compatible
- Continually enhance the testing process including automated tools and methodologies
- Improve and iterate using the agile process
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of products and services
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Software development experience with React, TypeScript and CSS
- Understanding and experience with unit, integration, and snapshot testing
- Experience working with general-purpose programming languages and the ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with Redux, MUI, and Firebase
- Experience working with gRPC microservices and Protocol Buffers
- Experience developing full-stack web applications
- Knowledge of at least one of the major cloud services: AWS/GCP/Azure
- Development experience on Unix/Linux
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to apply them
- English is the official language of Infostellar. Japanese language skills are a plus
- Our gRPC microservices are written using Java, Golang and Rust.
- We do infrastructure management using Terraform and orchestrate our containers using Kubernetes
- We use Gradle to automate our builds
- Source code management (SCM) is Git + GitHub
- We develop on Linux and MacOS using IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code, or Vim
- Our microservices are containerized and run on GKE
- We use relational databases such as MySQL
About the Company
Infostellar is a satellite 'Ground Segment as a Service' (GSaaS) provider.
We provide flexible and scalable ground station services enabled by our cloud platform, 'StellarStation', which virtualises ground station networks. By lowering the barriers to entry in the ground segment, Infostellar empowers newspace businesses to build better missions and improve the quality of their service.
StellarStation is a flexible, scalable, satellite ground station sharing platform. After a one-time setup, satellite operators can access any ground station across our global network. StellarStation also enables ground station owners to monetise their unused capacity by sharing it with satellite operators.
Founded in 2016, Infostellar is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and has its European office in the UK.