We are looking for a hands-on, digital native with a breadth of design capabilities and a finger on the pulse of pop culture to join our creative team. You’ll be responsible for supporting, implementing, and ideating brand, editorial, and marketing programs, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working closely with a product organization and will be comfortable leading and collaborating with both creative and technical teams. This role will bring together the art of brand communication and the science of graphic design to consistently create powerful and memorable marketing.
*Submit your portfolio and work examples/deck to be considered for this role!
- Reporting to a Creative Lead, you will be the brand and product expert of a leading video streaming service, shaping and maintaining brand guidelines at every touchpoint with a relentless eye for quality.
- Participate in full-scale integrated campaigns from concept to completion, including photography, film, digital and experiential concepts—for projects ranging from social media stories, to film content series, to in-product merchandising.
- Oversee creative campaign/film messaging in collaboration with content strategists, copy leads and/or partner agencies/freelancers
- Create and design Campaign Playbook: identifying look & feel, setting the tone, designing a visual identity system for a campaign that can be expanded to many different APAC regions and executions
- Oversee and art direct film and photography shoots, as needed.
- Ensure quality and timely creative production and communication with creative teammates, stakeholders, and external clients.
- Sell in big ideas by inspiring a senior group and motivating the audience internally and externally.
- Ensure that deliverables adhere to the strategic brief, the brand’s vision and intention.
- Oversee a small network of freelancers to support and evolve ongoing creative campaigns, including editorial inspirational email and in-product marketing.
- Collaborate with Copywriters, Illustrators, Animators, Strategists, Business & Creative leads, as well as other cross-functional teams (Marketing Managers, Researchers, and Partner Managers) to identify opportunities and shape projects with an informed blend of art and science.
- Operate as both an individual contributor and a cross-functional team player
- Champion the user (both content creators and viewers/fans) in all your design rationales. Ensuring that your creative decisions are based on user behaviour and insights.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in fast-paced tech, startup, and/or design agency environments
- Award-winning portfolio with world-class Design sensibilities
- International experience and hyper-local insights on sub-communities and local culture
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced workplace- Ability to visualize a range of solutions rapidly
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in ambiguity by combining creative solutions with the horsepower to execute them
- Experience working with digital product teams
- Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to detailed creative execution
- Led global campaigns, creative communications, and other go-to-market initiatives
- Polished communication skills
- Familiarity with production process and terminology; comprehension of graphic design, digital and film language
- Exceptional verbal and written English communications and presentation skills and - ideally - fluent in another Asian language to cover projects spanning across JAPAC
About the Company
Grounded in a talent-centric mindset, Maker Lab is a Global Marketing consultancy that designs, builds and power bespoke micro-agencies for some of the world’s most impactful brands. Maker Lab’s cross-functional teams of multidisciplinary specialists are embedded into client teams across digital marketing competencies — from measurement & analytics to content production.