We are looking for a hands-on, digital native with a breadth of design capabilities and a finger on the pulse of pop culture to join our Creative team. You’ll be responsible for ideating and implementing brand, editorial, and marketing programs, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience working closely with the brand, creative and marketing teams. This role will have the emphasis on the craft of Graphic Design to consistently create powerful and memorable visual narratives.
We are open to candidates within APAC time zones. Remote working is accepted. Work experience in one of these markets: Japan, Korea, India, and Australia, would be a bonus.
*Submit your portfolio and work examples/deck to be considered for this role!
- Be the brand and design expert in the team for a leading video streaming service; shape and maintain brand ethos at every touchpoint with a relentless eye for craft
- Participate in full-scale integrated campaigns from concept to completion. This will include creating and producing photography, illustration, animation, digital, and experiential work
- Designing Campaign Playbook: identifying look & feel, setting the tone and design principles, and developing a visual identity system for campaigns that can be adopted in different APAC markets
- Hands-on design development in collaboration with Creative Leads, Content Strategists, and other designers
- Ensure quality and timely creative production and communication with creative teammates, stakeholders, and external clients
- Sell in design thinking and principles by inspiring a senior group and motivating the audience internally and externally
- Ensure that deliverables adhere to the strategic brief, the brand’s vision and intention
- Operate as both an individual contributor and a cross-functional team player
- Champion the user (both content creators and viewers/fans) in all your design rationales. Ensuring that your creative decisions are based on user behaviour and insights
- 8+ years of relevant experience in creative studios (in-house or agency) with a focus on branding or graphic design
- Award-worthy portfolio with world-class design sensibilities
- Deep interest in various pop cultures and diverse communities
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced workplace - the ability to visualize a range of solutions iteratively
- Ability to understand business and brand priorities and translate them to hands-on design solutions
- Led projects and experienced in working on regional campaigns
- Familiarity with production process and terminology; comprehension of graphic design, digital marketing, and advertising
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication and presentation skills and - ideally - fluent in another language to cover projects spanning across APAC
About the Company
Maker Lab is a marketing consultancy established in 2015 with a talent-centric approach, designed to build and run in-house micro-agencies alongside our clients.
Collaborating with culture brands like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, and Google, we embed cross-functional teams of multidisciplinary marketing specialists into our clients’ ecosystems to help drive business growth and marketing efficiencies. Our solutions span various marketing services and have expanded to include marketing strategy and creative production for digital and content marketing, data analytics, CRM, as well as influencer engagement and social media management.
Maker Lab is part of global independent marketing business Miroma Group, a group of industry leading marketing and communications agencies that provide services across the marketing mix for clients including; Adidas, Amazon eBay, Netflix, Sony, Spotify, and YouTube.