The Account Manager is responsible for renewing and upselling into an assigned portfolio of clients across Japan, for creating a strategy to upsell clients for both our syndicated and custom business solutions, and for delivering exceptional sales results against budget. Your selling style needs to be highly polished, professional and consultative.
You will be experienced in selling to substantial corporate businesses and in gaining credibility for excellence in your field. You will need to travel to clients throughout Japan and will be responsible for your own schedule.
Maintain and develop existing account relationships within an assigned portfolio using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail
- Renew and upgrading the subscription services
- Maintain product knowledge across all Mintel product lines and services
- Become a product expert on Mintel’s services and deliver search/data-pull/Newsletter services to the client when needed
- Deliver accurate forecasts to sales management
- Effectively utilize Mintel's CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Negotiate and close contracts smoothly
- Ability to present data, train, and communicate comfortably in front of large groups
- Ability to travel in Japan and overseas if required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Business level of English
- 3-5 years of proven sales experience at the executive level
- Prefer someone with sales experience in professional service / FMCG / Trading Company / Ingredient
- Consultative sales experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong account management and business development background, with proven success in expanding client relationships and showing excellence in maximizing account potential
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- High skills in Excel and PowerPoint
About the Company
Market Intelligence is what sets us apart and what defines us as a brand – literally in fact: when the company was founded in 1972 it took its name from an amalgamation of the two words. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence Mix ever since, to offer our clients a unique perspective on the consumer landscape ahead and a clear roadmap with which to navigate it.
From fast answers to deep insights, Mintel has provided research and intelligence solutions to consumer-focused businesses for more than 50 years. With a combination of world-class syndicated tools and custom insight solutions, we are the eyes and ears in the markets that matter and the insights behind our clients’ next big idea.
In Asia Pacific, Mintel has been successfully delivering market intelligence and consumer insights for over 20 years. We are now looking for an ambitious person to join the Japan office as the next Account Manager following the success of our existing Japan business.
What We Offer
- Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working.
- Flexi-time working hours (start working between 8:00am and 10:00am).
- Blended (office/home) approach to work.
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned.
- Social events, both within the department and across the company.
- Generous annual leave and wider circle employee benefits.
- Additional one day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Membership in Employee Resource Groups (Mintel Diversity, Mintel Wellness and Mintel Gives).
- Giving back is part of our culture with this in mind, Mintel gives employee 2 days leave per year to join local volunteering activity organised by our Mintel Gives (where applicable).
- Mental health and wellbeing support via Modern Health App and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Beautifully designed offices to foster collaboration and fun.
Mintel is an equal opportunity employer that committed to the strength of an inclusive workplace.