7 - 10 million Japanese yen
Money Forward aims to move people’s life forward by offering various SaaS applications for Back-office operations and eliminating unessential labor from complex daily tasks, and radically changing the quality of and time spent on work.
In the HR domain, we are providing the following six products;
- Money Forward Cloud Payroll
- Money Forward Cloud My Number
- Money Forward Cloud Attendance
- Money Forward Cloud Social Insurance
- Money Forward Cloud HRIS
- Money Forward Cloud Tax Adjustment
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for developing “Money Forward Cloud HRIS” and and leading projects primarily using Ruby on Rails. Our product is currently in its growth phase, so we are actively seeking someone who can design an architecture capable of accommodating future user scale expansion.
Since its launch in 2021, "Money Forward Cloud HRIS" has rapidly expanded its user base and is now in a growth phase. Our development plan includes implementing advanced features, such as granular permission management and enhanced custom items, while also focusing on improving performance and optimizing architecture for large-scale enterprises.
At Money Forward, we develop and provide Composable ERP utilizing a microservices architecture. This team collaborates with other product teams across the company, spearheading large-scale, cross-product projects that present exceptional growth opportunities for engineers.
- Development of Money Forward Cloud HRIS with Ruby on Rails. (Specifications, Design, Implementation, Testing, Operations)
- Design and develop detailed specifications for new features
- Refactoring and improving existing designs and tests
- Improve product quality through code reviews and test code
- Identifying issues, proposing improvements, and implementing measures for the development team.
- Planning the architecture of projects across products
- Experience in designing, developing and operating web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with teams on internal quality improvement initiatives through code reviews and test code
- Experience in understanding and independently designing and refactoring design patterns, anti-patterns, etc.
- Working experience in failure response (discovery - investigation of cause - resolution and permanent response)
- Experience in React or Vue.js
- Experience in Scrum and Agile development
- Hands-on experience in test design, creation, and operation using documentation or testing tools such as RSpec, Jest, etc.
- Experience in tuning middleware including DB and performance improvement
- Experience in microservice design, development, and operation
- Experience with architecture design and technology selection
- Backend: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, gRPC, Sidekiq Pro, RSpec
- Frontebd: TypeScript, Vue.js, Nuxt.js, Bootstrap-vue, Vue apollo, Jest
- Infrastructure: Amazon EKS, Aurora, ElastiCache, S3 他
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- Repositories: GitHub
- Project management: JIRA, Asana
- Monitoring: Datadog, Rollbar
- CI/CD: CircleCI, ArgoCD, GitHub Actions
- Communication Tools: Zoom, Slack, Figma, Miro
- English: Fluent in both written and verbal
- Japanese: Not required (Interests in learning is a plus)
About the Company
“Money Forward Cloud ERP” is a cloud-based composable ERP (modular ERP) that has our own SaaS applications for business back-office operations from Accounting, Finances, and Human Resources fields as its module applications.
Our team is developing Public APIs and API platforms for those products. Public APIs enable our ERP to offer a high degree of integration with other third-party applications. This allows our customers to build a more comprehensive view of their operations and data across different functional areas and systems. Also by designing commonly used API platforms, we aim to improve UX and development productivity.
Min 7,000,000 - Max 10,000,000 Japanese Yen / Year (Gross)
Location, Remote Work
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Remote work is available four days per week.
- Working Visa
- Flight ticket to Japan
- Signing Bonus
- Temporary fully furnished apartment for the first month
Flexible Working Hours (No core time)
- Two days off per week (Saturday and Sunday)
- Japanese national holidays (16 national holidays in 2021)
- Paid holiday: 10 days (first year) *Number of paid holidays increases (+1 day) every year up to 20 days a year.
- Summer vacation days: 3 days
- Winter vacations days: 2 days
- Health insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- The latest computer (No limit upgrade or purchase when needed for development is available upon approval.)
- Seminar participation support
- Book purchases
- Copyright of OSS belongs to individuals