An integral part of our SL&E team, the Senior Social Strategist will lead our SL&E JSK OU social media efforts for our beverage account from the development to overseeing the execution of the social media strategies. A creative thinker with a deep understanding of social media platforms, trends, analytics and audiences.
- Lead development of social experience framework, outlining the consumer journey along with measurable metrics that matter for campaign or charter
- Be abreast and up to date with social media trends, platform developments, algorithm changes, best practices, and spot opportunity for test and learn pilots or on campaign implementation
- Develop and maintain relations with social platform representatives and stay informed about platform updates
- Collaborate with cross functional teams – IMX, StudioX, E2EE, O2O etc to ensure that social media strategies are integrated into broader marketing campaigns and expandable on social
- Lead brand strategy decks and collaborate with local market strategists on development right up to content pillars, topics and calendar
- Be able to identify approach to grow social media communities through engagement strategies or tactics, community engagement, addressing consumer inquiries.
- Offer approaches or messaging solutions to any potential crisis situation
- Work closely with Intelligence team across OUs to form OU level strategy and approach, including improvement on reporting analysis and learnings – actionable insights, optimized strategies, and campaign performance to stakeholders
- Collaborate with design and content teams to create visually appealing and shareable content
- Playbook development across social best practices, from community engagement to content creation across OU level
- Distill global charters and provide POV if any localization required to JSK OU or by market, and define the approach
- Be able to approach Strategy delivery from macro level (OU wide) and distill it to local nuances by market in all the above responsibilities and tasks
- Mentor and guide local market strategists, providing guidance and support in their professional development and quality of delivery output
- Lead and develop written submission for awards as/when required, and oversee case video production to ensure high chances of succes
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 8+ years of proven experience as a social media strategist or a similar role, with track record of successful social campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, its functionalities, best practices
- Strong analytical skill and the ability to interpret metrics to optimize strategies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and grammar (useful for awards)
- Creative thinking and strong eye for visual design
- Familiarity with social media analytics tools and the ability to interpret data to improve campaign performance or areas within social media
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing multi-project across multi-market simultaneously
- Leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Has prior experience on crisis management and customer service is a plus
- Business - Native level both in Japanese and English
About the Company
VML & Ogilvy Japan GK was established in April 2019 as a partnership between Geometry Global and The Ogilvy Group to enhance our offering to brands in Japan in support of their business ambitions and marketing objectives. We believe in the power of creativity to drive meaningful change that delivers positive business outcomes. Now more than ever the ability for an agency to flex and adapt to clients changing needs is vital in the application of communications, brand experience, commerce and technology. Our blend of global and local expertise and marketing capability is designed to meet the challenges of today while setting our clients up for success from tomorrow and beyond.VML & Ogilvy Japan GK is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WWPGY).
VML & Ogilvy Japan GK embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide creative agency that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more brilliant work we can create together.
At Ogilvy, our people are at the heart of what we do: a creative agency that sparks game-changing ideas across culture and business through collaboration, integrity, and a celebration of self-expression.
We believe in building powerful teams with purpose. This means hiring and nurturing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identities – and we relentlessly curate transformative initiatives that make our commitment to fairness, and equity a reality.
Our ultimate mission is to leave a positive impact on the world, creating a better future for all, while supporting and uplifting the global communities we serve. This is central to our mantra of Borderless Creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.