You are a crucial part of BEAT, working closely with the Creative, Business, Strategy and Delivery teams.
You are a social media native, with an insatiable appetite for understanding the constantly evolving landscape and its corresponding native customer behaviors.You are a pop-culture junkie who's curious about everything -- you have your finger on the pulse of the internet and always keen to know what people are talking about, whether its fashion, music, trends, technology, emerging platforms, social concerns, even before it starts trending.
You are a born dot-connector, who relishes the opportunity to collaborate with content, marketing, PR, creative and product teams to create engaging content that’s a conversation starter.
In short, you live and breathe social media, both, as a creator and a consumer.
- Partnering with other creators/team members and work closely with the Creative, Business and Strategy Lead to get to the right briefs that deliver remarkable and innovative ideas across social platforms
- Engage in near and long-term creative strategies for Instagram
- Conceive, create, and launch new content ideas for owned platforms, but mainly for Instagram
- Create assets for regular posts. Contribute to the development of a content/editorial calendar to support brand, marketing and business goals
- Adhere to and evolve best-practice techniques and standards (image specs, engagement and deployment strategies) for each platform and asset type
- Deploy work across social platforms, as needed
- Translate sometimes one-way brand work into video/motion and graphic social content concepts that spark conversations and work collaboratively with video animator/editors to execute
- Prep/run simple shoots, liaise with directors/photographers and manage shoot process from concept through to execution in collaboration with a Producer
- Leverage social media learnings and performance data to pivot and optimize posting and content strategies
- Focus on continual improvement and optimization of creative product and processes to ensure best quality outcomes and efficiency
Who You Are
- Collaborative team player, open minded, transparent and non-political
- Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, design and business
- Self-starting, proactive and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output
- Believe you can be persuasive/a great pitcher. A great idea only represents 50% of the job. Selling it internally and to the client is the other 50%
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure the highest standard of creative output which delivers against key objectives
- Excellent Mac skills, fully conversant with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & After Effects including all relevant social apps
- Conversant with Asana to manage work and Sprinkler to stay on top of content
- Creative excellence is essential. Plus, you must have dedication, persistence, and passion for the speed and evolution of social media. Your knowledge of the platforms should be deep enough that you know how to push them to their limits.
- Solid understanding of Japan and its social landscape, audience, culture, trends, etc.
- Excellent in Art Direction, aesthetics
- They should be a great problem-solver and flexible to adapt to the ever-evolving climate of social media
- Have been working in a similar position for at least 3 years, be hands on, and be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team, in a faced paced atmosphere
- Must embrace design/ creative innovation in the social space
- Experience designing for static & moving contents
- Great communication skills, written & verbal, when it comes to directing or presenting design
- English (conversational/not a disadvantage)
- Japanese (added benefit/not a disadvantage)
About the Company
Geometry Ogilvy Japan GK was established in April 2019 as a partnership between Geometry Global and The Ogilvy Group to enhance our offering to brands in Japan in support of their business ambitions and marketing objectives. We believe in the power of creativity to drive meaningful change that delivers positive business outcomes. Now more than ever the ability for an agency to flex and adapt to clients changing needs is vital in the application of communications, brand experience, commerce and technology. Our blend of global and local expertise and marketing capability is designed to meet the challenges of today while setting our clients up for success from tomorrow and beyond.
Geometry Ogilvy Japan is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WWPGY).
Geometry Ogilvy Japan is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Ogilvy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.