We are looking for a confident, team player with strong storytelling skills to write, edit, and proofread both short-form and long-form content across our various channels, including social media, newsletters, blog posts, and advertising copy. Additionally, you must have excellent editing skills and adhere to our editorial guidelines to ensure all content, regardless of the writer, is consistent and reflects the brand appropriately. Ultimately, you will work to create engaging content for our audience and strengthen the Oku Japan brand.
Job responsibilities of Marketing Content Creator and Editor include but are not limited to the following:
- Becoming the main editor and significantly involved as a writer for Marketing and Sales material, such as website copy, advertising campaigns, social channels, blog content, brochures, etc..
- Ensuring content is aligned with the company’s editorial guidelines
- Learning our trip destinations and products, and developing an understanding of our audience personas in order to create compelling content
- Collaborating with the Digital and Sales teams on campaigns and brainstorming
- Utilising your SEO knowledge and keyword research skills when writing website content
- Adhering to deadlines to ensure content is effective and aligned with the broader team and company goals
- Working and fully available 9-6 Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be necessary to achieve your goals and complete your work.
- Occasionally, domestic or international travel may be required
- Professional experience in English-language editing and proofreading roles where you have demonstrated your ability to understand and cater to audience needs, while also meeting company goals for engagement, awareness, and overall branding
- Excellent writing skills, including creative writing
- A working knowledge of SEO and the role it plays in content creation
- Ability to use or learn common word processing software, social media platforms, and other systems and programs which may be used
- Able to multitask and prioritise to ensure competing objectives are met
- Interpersonal and team skills which enable you to build great relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills that include being a good listener, flexible, solution-oriented, and motivated to follow through
- Travel experience is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and Dropbox
- Do you have additional skills you can bring to the table? Tell us about them!
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have permission to work in Japan
*Please note we are not always able to reply to unsuccessful candidates on initial application
About the Company
Oku Japan operates guided, self-guided and custom tours around Japan. Our main office is in Kyoto, and some of our sales staff are based in the UK. In spring 2015, Oku Japan opened a branch office in the village of Chikatsuyu, where we are proud to be part of the local community. In 2019, we also opened a Our Nakasendo Branch in the famed Juku town of Tsumago along the Nakasendo trail.