We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to work on our various systems which need high scalability, reliability and availability. These challenges require creative thinking and a deep understanding of how software and platform work.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you. So, if challenges excite you, and you're ready for a big one, let us know.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and core platform
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership
- Provides input and guidance during all phases of programs to solve challenging technical issues
- Build common platforms to support different business vertical application systems
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life – always go to the root cause!
Experience with at least one of the following:
- Solid foundation in designing, implementing, and maintaining a large-scale distributed system (e.g. with microservice architecture).
- Experience in developing distributed platform systems such as Messaging Platforms, Pub/Sub Systems, Databases, Distributed Computing Frameworks, and Schedulers.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 7+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, operating system and object-oriented programming
- Deep understanding of concurrency, distributed computing, large-scale system, messaging and algorithm
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn new technology stacks as needed
- Experience in working for system development in finance, payment, or similar industries
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribute to open-source projects
- Language ability in Japanese and English is a plus (We have a professional translator but it is nice to have language skills)
- Unparalleled speed: Discover for yourself the important things that need to be done and implement ways to reach the best results at the fastest speed possible for the organization.
- Commitment: As a professional, commit to the growth and business goals of the organization and create impactful results by your ownership.
- Logical thinking: Think logically and structurally to bring real communication.
- Curiosity and questioning mind: Keep your curiosity about new things and your challenges along with a continuous questioning mind and enjoy such circumstances in a future-oriented manner.
- Problem solving: Take a proper approach towards both explicit and potential business/organization challenges to lead solutions involving others.
- True opinion and communication skill: Communicate your opinions to others in a flat manner to ensure mutual understanding and to keep things moving forward.
About the Company
PayPay is a fintech company that has grown to over 58M users since its launch in 2018. Our team is hugely diverse with members from over 50 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm; the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technology, we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan. Our biggest competitor is "cash". We seek people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed, and promote PayPay with professionalism and passion.
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
- Every Sat/Sun/National holidays (In Japan)/New Year's break/Company-designated Special days
- Annual leave (up to 14 days in the first year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment. Can be used from the date of hire)
- Personal leave (5 days each year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment)
＊PayPay's own special paid leave system, which can be used to attend to illnesses, injuries, hospital visits, etc., of the employee, family members, pets, etc.
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support