- Provide overall project management for Japan Medicin Teams (JMT) to ensure alignment of strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure that the operational deliverables of assigned projects are achieved on or ahead of schedule and within standards so that they meet the Target Product Profile, business deliverables and/or key decision points
- Ensure that project remains within agreed budget limits and timelines
- Drive delivery against goals
- Lead Team operations, i.e., set meeting agendas, facilitate discussions, develop consensus, translate it into action items and monitor progress in order to achieve key milestones according to endorsed plan and time, cost and quality parameters
- Partner with Non-clinical Team members to define non-clinical deliverables and ensure that they are aligned, integrated with overall project design and achieved as planned.
- Partner with Clinical Study Manager, Project Planner and Category Marketing to integrate clinical protocol-level deliverables into overall project plan, ensuring that project milestones and objectives are met.
- Partner with Project Planner to ensure that project schedules, resource management and project controls are established and maintained.
- Work closely with Portfolio and Category Marketing to ensure alignment of project and portfolio goals and objectives, and provide project information necessary to support portfolio-level decision making and prioritization.
- Ensure alignment between overall strategic, operational and Line plans for assigned projects and programs, i.e., all projects have integrated project plan.
- Ensure alignment overall strategic and resource plans.
- Lead Team in preparation, implementation and maintenance of integrated risk management plans including resource management.
- Effectively communicates issues in order to facilitate development of options and Team recommendations to governance.
- Partner with Team and PPM leadership to identify options for decreasing project/program risks and negotiate preferred JMT option to implement de-risking plan most rapidly at lowest cost while maintaining acceptable quality.
- Responsible for effective, accurate and timely communication of project information to stakeholders including Category Lines.
- Identify Team performance issues and partner with Line leadership to recommend and develop appropriate actions.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to create an environment for collaborative work necessary for Team to be effective
- Strong track record in project management discipline and its application to drug development
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement tools and techniques of project management discipline, such as development and management of multi-disciplinary integrated operational plans, Critical path management, Project Risk Management, Meeting management and Decision Analysis
- Technical experience in disciplines associated with drug development and/or commercialization
- Extensive clinical operations and pharmaceutical business experience in order to have thorough understanding of processes associated with executing clinical development plans and addressing related regulatory issues
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate with others for delivery of personal and Team goals
- Demonstrated success in managing a highly matrix-based Team, i.e., can raise scenarios and suggestions during strategy setting or decision-making to ensure Team has investigated all alternatives
- Demonstrated results in creating and managing complex program plans, including experience in budgetary management and fiscal awareness
- Strategic thinking, i.e., ability to understand how external influences affect strategy and how changes in strategy affect tactics
- Knowledge of commercial issues which drive medicine projects/products
- Networking and alliance building ability to drive and encourage openness and communications within Team and Lines to deliver key milestones faster and at a lower cost in execution of plan
- Good English command for project management and collaborating with Global personnel
Please briefly list your contacts inside and outside of the organization, and their relevance to your job.
< External Contacts > < Relevance to your job >
Exchange information, Enhance Pfizer presence, Learn other business model for continuous improvement
- Influencers to our business (e.g., MHLW, PMDA, KOLs)
Best possible project planning and execution
< Internal Contacts > < Relevance to your job >
- PM Category Rep and PM Group Lead
Right project planning, execution and reporting (including resource and risk management), Ensure alignment between projects and Category strategies
- Project Management Office Group Lead
Accurate and updated project valuation
Right project planning and tracking in terms of time, cost and resource
Integrate protocol-level deliverables into overall project plan, Support leading operational Subteam for time and resource management
Develop integrated project plan, Maximize project value, Ensure project and commercial goals are met as planned
Ensure alignment of project plans and priorities between Team and Lines
Ensure alignment on project and Category strategies
Represent Tam and JDL/JCL for projects as needed
Ensure alignment between Japan and Global project strategies/plans
About the Company
Breakthroughs That Change Patients' Lives: Pfizer is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. We apply science and our global resources to deliver innovative therapies that extend and significantly improve lives. Every day, Pfizer colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.