Philip Morris is leading the transformation of our industry with Reduced Risk Products. The intent is to help every smoker to stop or switch to a less harmful alternative. This is our smoke free future mission. As we transform our industry, so we are transforming our business to be more consumer focused, innovative, forward leaning, and agile. Digital is a fundamental foundation for our ambitions, as so many consumers and smokers interact with brands and each other through digital touchpoints. The Digital function is responsible for creating experiences to motivate awareness, consideration, activation, and loyalty; as well as the Digital Services required to enable these experiences. This team is helping to establish our modern communications vision, and lead the execution of new projects, capabilities, and programs.
- Reporting to the Mgr. Ecommerce & Experience Design, DE Lead, Design is responsible for the execution of all Digital Owned UX strategies. This includes the commercial and consumer experience for eCommerce, our brand and corporate Websites/Mobile Sites, Loyalty website, Digital Experience in Stores, LINE eCommerce experience.
- Constantly looking at ways to improve user experience to encourage more visitors to find, explore, experience, and buy
- Deliver our Smoke Free Future, Reduced Risk Products, Conventional Products (where appropriate) and corporate positioning
- Work closely with SEO & Digital Experience Content team, Digital eCommerce, Marketing & product management functions for the deployment of all Digital content across Digital Owned Media (Visual Design, Copy, Video, Interactives)
- Inspire innovation across our Owned Media activities, steer Digital UX/UI with Agency partners based on solid analytics, insights and optimizations plan across all owned media
- Accountable for UX / UI design & delivery of all digital owned media channels experiences (Websites, microsites, Loyalty websites, LINE ecommerce) - which constitute all our digital destinations and capabilities. Leverage on expertise in user experience design, information architecture, UI design, Digital Content (in partnership with SEO & Digital Experiencer Content team & Marketing team), Service Design (in partnership with Consumer Platforms & Delivery team), Development (with support from our digital agencies/IT partners). Take ownership of personalization/customization of digital experience to design tailor-made journeys for different user segments/personas.
- Partner with other leads within Digital & IT department to deliver tactical initiatives through Digital Owned Media, in support of the business' digital strategy and commercial objectives. Deliver audience understanding and engagement of our Reduced Risk Product category, Smoke Free Future agenda, IQOS products, retailer engagement, as well as understanding of PMI as an organization and employer.
- As a digital media subject matter expert, own end-to-end design process for website or application to translate business goals into actionable UX strategy. (e.g., Creating user journeys or storyboards to drive UX thinking, designing the mechanics of websites or applications, visual design and navigation, process flowcharts to aid in content design and work on the visual appearance of our owned digital assets).
- Responsible for conducting A/B Tests when needed to optimize UX and increase conversion rate on existing user journeys and test new designs/hypothesis. Analyzing traffic patterns, mouse movements, scroll depths to identify optimization opportunities once live. Inspire peers and colleagues to become disruptive innovators. Engage with digital partners and suppliers to support our goals.
- Collaborate with all members of the Digital Experience team, and partner with other members of the Digital function, to ensure they deliver the campaigns and capabilities needed to satisfy our overall digital strategy, programs and commercial objectives. Work closely with teams throughout Legal and Compliance to ensure good work/practice is put in place, highlighted, shared, understood and followed.
- Embed new ways of working in partnership with other functions to ensure all new programs and projects follow a structured methodology. Purpose being to effectively discover, define, design, deliver, deploy and create data to power insight and optimization for our digital owned media activities.
- Deliver always on enhancement and optimization, and promotional programs and campaigns, across all our owned media. Working in partnership with all Digital and IT functions to ensure a combination of design, content and functionality.
- Proven 3 years or more of experience as a Digital Design SME, UX Design Lead or similar role, planning and implementing a successful Design strategy, Design Standards, within an agency or client side
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of implementing Digital UX strategy, hands-on UI design skills, solid understanding of Digital Style guides/design system to achieve great customer experience and innovation in Digital Owned Media
- UX/UI Design Portfolio to demonstrate design thinking process with case studies
- Solid understanding of responsive design systems and mobile UI framework like google material design to deploy experiences on iOS, Android and Web
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Sketch, Figma for UI design and Asset Digitization tasks
- An implementation knowledge of digital owned media channels, technologies and tools. Must able to demonstrate delivering projects in each of these areas. Ideally have experience in Digital eCommerce initiatives but not mandatory
- Proven experience working with data insights and informed design practice to enhance future initiatives
- College/University degree, post graduate degree
- Fluent in English and ability to drive discussions/present UX strategies to stakeholders
- Working level Japanese language proficiency ideally
About the Company
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.