As a Brand Director, you will be the overall brand marketing lead for PopSockets Japan. You will be on a team of 3 key leaders in this market and team. Your other 2 partners are your Retail Lead & Ecommerce/Performance Marketing lead. You will develop and manage the vision for how PopSockets launches and grows in the Japan market in order to be both globally beloved and locally relevant.
- You will be the leading driver behind understanding who our core and target audience is
- Use a data-informed approach to continue to understand and evolve who our core audience is
- Identify key opportunities overtime of new potential audiences we should expand into
- Become an expert on our product - from product platforms to materials, colors and finishes, we want this candidate to work in partnership with product design, retail and E-commerce leads to understand not only our audience but what products they gravitate towards and why
- Identify key product opportunities and collaborations to engage with our audience
- Drive the overall, multi-year brand vision for PopSockets Japan
- Develop an omni-channel multi-tier marketing strategy that grows our audience and brand across multiple online and offline channels, in partnership with our E-commerce and Retail leads
- Partner and lead agencies, partners and internal team members to drive locally relevant brand campaigns and strategies that reach our audience and communicate our brand values
- Develop key go-to-market strategies for new product launches in collaboration with the rest of the APAC regions
- Develop and execute social and influencer marketing strategies to foster an ambassador community and inspire word-of-mouth marketing
- 10+ years of brand management and digital marketing experience in fashion/lifestyle space
- Experience developing 360 brand campaigns that led to brand growth
- Practical experience in developing and executing partnership programs and collaborations
- Develop understanding of social and influencer marketing strategies that will inspire word-of-mouth marketing
- Self motivated and level-headed with the ability to make decisions and identify when to consult with key stakeholders
- Desire to learn and adapt in a dynamic start-up environment while maintaining a realistic but optimistic mindset
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to ask for help and clearly communicate with a global team across regions
- Ability to manage and develop a team while fostering a positive and generative environment
About the Company
Launched in 2014 by former philosophy professor David Barnett, PopSockets is a global digital-lifestyle company that sells empowering, fun, and expressive products that improve people’s digital lives. PopSockets has sold over 245 million of its iconic phone grips in 75 countries and now has an expanding ecosystem of related products, including phone cases, wallets, mounts, batteries, and chargers.
Our mission is to build an eternal positivity machine--an enduring global brand that makes a growing positive impact on the world. Impact initiatives to date include Climate Neutral certification in 2022, our Poptivism platform and ChangeUp partnership, which have resulted in over $4 million in donations to over 400 non-profits, low-friction recycling programs with TerraCycle, use of 99% recyclable and FSC certified packaging, Fair Labor Association accreditation, and adoption of an animal-free policy with respect to products and corporate sponsored meals.
In 2021, PopSockets was honored as one of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies.