The E-commerce Manager is responsible for ensuring Japan's online business has the right PopSockets products in the right amounts at the right time and can efficiently sell and manage our category-defining brand across all relevant e-commerce channels in the country by using the most relevant digital marketing channels, strategies, and tactics that ultimately result in lifelong, diehard PopSockets customers thanks to best-in-class customer service.
- Today this consists of directing Japan's official E-commerce store powered by Shopify and the first-party Amazon business
- Intentionally built channel-specific strategies based on the mentality of the individuals using the specific platform
- From product description pages on the official website to 9:16 story ad designs, ensure our placements are optimized for end-consumer to receive in the intended PopSockets way
- Lead our winning strategy and execute with the highest standards to drive profitable customer acquisition using an optimized combination of Facebook, Instagram, Amazon Ads, Google, YouTube, and TikTok
- PopSockets is a category defining brand. Work in-tandem with our Brand Director to ensure the vision for the brand is properly executed across all digital storefronts and social media channels to drive a cohesive voice, target customer, and visual aesthetic
- Develop performance dashboards that can be shared with management that tie together all platforms in a unified way
- Define, frame, and execute lifecycle marketing campaigns that allow for onboarding new customers and maintaining great relationships with previous ones
- We love our fans and want to always do our best to ensure their experience with PopSockets is a positive oneEmail, livechat, FB Messenger, etc. Guide the team and meet the customers where they are.
- Our fans are everything to us. Create systems that allow for their needs, wants, and desires to be heard and responded to in a timely, on-brand manner
Forecasting & Logistics
- Ensure we have the right products in the right amount at the right time and drive a diligent focus to ensure our fans' purchases arrive when they expect it in the best possible condition
- With thousands of SKUs in the broader PopSockets assortment, build processes and methodologies that result in the most impactful assortment for Japan
- Create a replicable monthly cadence for buy planning that ensures proper inventory is readily available for our fans
- 5+ years of working for E-commerce brands in Japan
- Intimate familiarity with both the Shopify platform and the Amazon marketplace
- Hands-on experience of personally managing performance advertising portals inside of Facebook and Google
- Practical understanding of the digital marketing funnel and practical experience putting into action
- Innate desire and passion for delivering the highest-quality experience to our customers and fans
- Immense attention to detail
- Little imperfections bother you and you work tirelessly to perfect them
- Willingness to do whatever it takes for PopSockets to win
- Will roll up sleeves regardless of the task being too big or too small
- Top 1% communication skills and no ego when it comes to asking for help
- Innate passion for people and building high-performing teams that believe in collective outcomes versus individual successes
About the Company
Launched in 2014 by former philosophy professor David Barnett, PopSockets is a global digital-lifestyle company that sells empowering, fun, and expressive products that improve people’s digital lives. PopSockets has sold over 255 million of its iconic phone grips in 75 countries and now has an expanding ecosystem of related products, including phone cases, wallets, mounts, batteries, and chargers.
Our mission is to build an eternal positivity machine--an enduring global brand that makes a growing positive impact on the world. Impact initiatives to date include Climate Neutral certification in 2022, our Poptivism platform and ChangeUp partnership, which have resulted in over $4 million in donations to over 400 non-profits, low-friction recycling programs with TerraCycle, use of 99% recyclable and FSC certified packaging, Fair Labor Association accreditation, and adoption of an animal-free policy with respect to products and corporate sponsored meals.
In 2021, PopSockets was honored as one of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.