Are you looking to join a diverse team of talented engineers and designers?
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Japan office that has been officially certified as a Great Place to Work! You will solve juicy digital challenges at scale, share expertise with others, and work closely with Reaktor communities in Lisbon, Helsinki, NYC and Amsterdam.
What will your day look like?
You will be a connecting link for the team navigating between client business and project subject matter, identifying and taking control of challenges and opportunities. Your day-to-day may involve looking after multiple clients and projects at the same time as well as recognizing new business opportunities with existing clients.
You’ll be working closely with a diverse set of clients and teams across different industries and always ensuring smooth collaboration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building good relationships with both the clients and teams
- Looking after the client’s interests as well as those of the team and trying to balance the needs on both sides
- Taking care of any possible escalations whenever something comes up
- Working on pitches and proposals: you will work together with our strategists, designers, creatives, developers and/or consultants
- Setting up and communicating scopes, schedules and budgets for various sized projects, ranging from product development to strategic or creative work
- Making sure projects run smoothly from start to finish: they are on time, allocations and budget health is tracked
- Always on the lookout for new business opportunities!
- Strong verbal communication skill and ability to communicate with multiple stakeholder groups both in English and Japanese
- Experience working with businesses on digital projects
- Know how to set up programs and collaboration models for longer term clients together with the business team and project team(s)
- Are capable of working with different project management tools and software
- Experience in product development and delivery management
- Experience in working with agile project management methodologies
- The ability to make decisions using strategic business thinking and have an understanding of the current technical and digital landscape
- Compassion for people and being people centric—both those around you and those who will use what we build. A letter from your future colleague, Zikun discusses what this means in practice.
The requirements listed in this job description are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark with the experience we are asking for, please apply. Applying allows you to be considered.
About the Company
Reaktor is a creative technology partner for forward-thinking organizations and societies. From premium software development to brand experiences and digital transformation, our global community of industry-leading experts does it all. Our clients are pioneers of digitalization in life sciences, education, retail, media, transportation, finance, and defense, to name a few.
We really care about our employees and offer:
- 20 Annual Paid Holidays
- Bi-annual company trip
- Company Sponsored Team Building Outings and Events
- Paid On-boarding Trip to Finland
- Paid Cellular Phone and Data Plan
- Free Company Swags
- Endless Snacks and Drinks
- Casual Dress Code
- Support For Career and Development Growth
- One Month of Sick Leave Per Year
- Support for Family Situations Including Parental Leave and Working Flexibility
- Specialty coffee from micro-roasters throughout Japan
- Freedom to choose and expense own working tools, including keyboards, mouse, and laptop stands
Does this sound like you? Then, let’s have a chat!
- We’ll start with a brief chat to say “Hi!”
- Then we’ll get to know you a bit better. We call this the Cultural Fit/Add interview.
- Next would be the skills round.
- Last but not least, the closing interview. Here we discuss practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.