A brand manager belongs to our Consumer Healthe Care Business(SSP co., ltd.), draws and updates mid-long term brand vision, goal, objectives andStrategy. It also leads the operational activities of building and managing solid new product pipeline plan through collaboration with R&D; and operating brand equity building activities mainly through brand communication plan (media/PR/Digital). Finally, it assumes responsibility to assure all activities meet the brand strategy and achieve the annual budget (P&L).
Core Brand/Business Activity
- Establish and update mid-long term brand visions, goal, objectives and strategy.
- Deliver annual budget.
- Effective manage the brand both internally and externally.
- Deliver brand marketing plan to grow the business – including brand communication, and media plan.
- Ensure marketing actions to secure the planned sales by working with trade marketing team.
- Assure the congruence of all brand activities to foster strong brand.
NPD (New Product Development)
- Develop solid product pipeline plan with R&D in timely manner based on consumer needs.
- Develop product concepts with clear proposition and claims.
- Lead business side of NPD management - scheduling, forecasting, internal approval, etc.
- Deliver package design.
- Pursue consumer research and define the project direction.
Contribution to the Team and Division
- Provide strong leadership on a brand team; not only marketing but includes TSM, R&D and others.
- Manage and develop assigned ABM.
- Organization Process:
- Lead and facilitate cross functional projects to improve operational efficiency and capability.
- Degree/education: Academic education, preferably business administration
- Major/focus: Ideally Marketing, Psychology, Behaviour science, Economics, etc.
Required Capabilities (Skills, Experience, Competencies)
- Marketing management – market analysis, strategy development, consumer communication development, media planning, sales forecasting,
- Project management.
- Leadership and team management
- Creativity or Creativity management
- Business foundations: accounting basics, basic statistics
- Language skills & proficiency: Native level Japanese / Fluent in English
About the Company
We are Sanofi, an innovative global healthcare company. We chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives.
Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.