We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to join our team.
You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products by revealing what our users need from our products by using all the research methods required.
In new AI products, you will be required to collaborate with all stakeholders including users, designers, engineers and product managers, and contribute to the best decision-making by looking at the overall value and experience of the service.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research
- Conduct both online and offline research with Japanese-speaking customers, occasionally using Japanese
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research
- Perform market and ethnographic research
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations
- Gain deep insights in specific domains using any means, including depth interviews, usability testing, surveys, or other innovative methods
- Visualize and share insights with designers, product managers, and other team members in a way they can easily understand and incorporate into concrete ideas
- Perform usability studies with consumers
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyze data
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools
- Recruiting research participants, preparing data and documentation, and other tasks
- Five or more years of UX research experience
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Experience running user, overall discovery research, and occasionally market research
- Experience in researching use-case scenarios for BtoB products
- Ability to showcase research reports to a cross-functional team quickly and effectively
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience in running discovery workshops or brainstorming sessions with cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge about how to obtain and use UX analytics
- Flexible and open to change and ambiguity
- A process-driven portfolio that demonstrates the experience requested here
- Advanced Business-level Japanese language ability
- Business-level English language ability
- For those in Japan, you must have a working visa valid for more than six months
About the Company
We are developing web-based HR products, cross-industry AI, IoT, Robotics, Cloud & Big Data solutions to surpass Customer business objectives and exceed customer expectations. Today, we already work in a range of industries such as Human Resources, Hospitality, Education, Health Care, Warehousing & Inventory, and Health & Fitness.
We focus on developing new products in the field of Web/AI/Machine Learning/IoT/Cloud/Big Data both for existing & new customers, as well as R&D towards future product development. We are collating a diverse range of Intellectual Property (IP) - skills, experience, and proprietary technology artifacts that can be leveraged to build out best-in-class technical services & products.
Today, we are primarily focused on Business to Business (B2B) opportunities but are receptive to delivering Business to Customer (B2C) solutions based on Intellectual Property (IP) and market opportunities.
What You Can Expect from Us
At Scoville, we value the importance of our employees' healthy work-life balance and a diverse multicultural environment. The following benefits are available:
- ¥ (negotiable based on experience)
- 10+ paid days off per year
- Flexible work hours, opportunity to work remotely
- Social and health insurance
- Commuting subsidy and work equipment provided
- An international team of talented and engaged creators who will value your input
- Visa sponsorship (after a 6-month trial period)
- Weekly 1 hour 1-1 Japanese language lesson (for foreigners)
- Weekly 1 hour 1-1 English language lesson (for Japanese nationals)