- Participate in the development and design thinking of the next features of our product
- As we're starting the migration from our legacy system (Ruby) to a service-oriented one(Go), you'll have the chance to reevaluate business opportunities to add to the new platform
- Build clean, performant APIs and their components to power digital logistics
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company. It's not just about writing code, but understanding the real problem to solve
What is our current stack?
We have a Ruby on Rails Back-End, deployed on AWS. We expose our APIs to our Front-End (written in React.js) via GraphQL. However, we are in the process of moving to a service architecture, so we would be happy to hear about your favourite technological stack to use in our next service!
- You have 1+ years of experience in Back-End application development
- You know how to implement a sound API
- Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences, from technical to non-technical
- You have a valid work authorization (or a degree in a related field for those requiring visa sponsorship)
- Business level English
- Communication skills in Japanese are highly appreciated
- Intellectually curious and eager to take on new challenges
- Interested in working on B2B development by leveraging your own development experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced product company
About the Company
Shippio is a technology company working towards digitalizing international trading, and the first digital forwarding company in Japan (aiming to become No. 1 in Asia). We are building a multi-faceted digital platform that allows both customers (importer/exporter) and operators to efficiently and fluidly process international trade workflows, which today is mostly processed through human labour. Our platform currently covers freight forwarding and we are aiming to expand our coverage throughout the international trade supply chain.
How We Work
We have full flex time for the Product division, however we have “meeting friendly hours” when we expect employees to be available.
We allow up to 4 days of remote work per week.
Vacation & PTO
- Yearly standard paid time off
- Sick leave (if applicable)
- Congratulation or condolence leave (marriage or immediate family death)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Childcare (for Japan residents) leave
- Caregiving(for Japan residents) leave