Springboard runs an online, self-paced UI/UX Design Career Track in which participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor. Our mentor community is the biggest strength of our programs with a Net Promoter Score rated as world-class.
If you are as passionate about mentoring as you are about UX and UI, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
Mentoring encompasses many levels of support at Springboard. We believe in giving a personalized approach to mentoring students. What this looks like is grading student deliverables on a weekly basis, offering detailed feedback, teaching/modeling concepts that are challenging for students, and/or giving them career pointers about the industry. Depending on your mentees you’ll lean on a teaching approach, being a motivator, advisor, or you may have high-level conversions to guide them throughout the course. A mix of diverse students, skills, and abilities offers opportunities to renew your skills or take your skills to the next level. Mentors have said it’s a rewarding opportunity to grow professionally and make a lasting impact.
- Are as passionate about teaching design as about design itself
- Are proficient in the topics covered in our UI/UX Design Career Track (we are looking for designers who have equal experience in UI and UX)
- Have at least 3 years of relevant work experience, and a high-quality portfolio to showcase your UI and UX skills
- Are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins for each student to help them set and achieve learning goals, provide feedback, and help them move towards getting a job
- Are able to utilize Zoom for the 30-minute calls with students
- Are available outside of weekly calls for each student to review projects and answer questions as needed
- Have experience critiquing work, in particular giving meaningful feedback on visual/UI design, and be able to think on your feet quickly
- Are empathetic and have excellent communication skills
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.